crashes

Users who are viewing this thread

fragonard

Grandmaster Knight
I've had very stable gameplay with .952 until now and I wondered about reports of problems but since I've hit level 20, I've been crashing a lot. Both assertion error type and hangs that required a hard reset.  Maybe because of save file size? Whatever the reason, the game is now unplayable and I'm worried. Anyone else experience this problem?

Same reason I came here. Was perfectly fine until around level 17-18 with .952 and now I crash after every single major battle. It's so annoying and I've probably lost 2 hours of progress.

I'm playing with two mods installed: Blood and Steel + Realistic metal textures.

Ok while I was writing this I came upon this

Assertion Failed / Agent.cpp
There is currently a known bug which generates an assertion failed error referencing the agent.cpp file. This is caused by deactivating the permanent corpses option. Activating this option should resolve this issue.

From here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,13080.0.html

I'm going to report back and see if this fixes it. Edit: Don't see this option anywhere. Must be for an old version.

Edit 2: Just found this
*Update*

PROBLEM SOLVED  I think it might be companions causing it.  I created new (same named char) and imported it because my old game crashed, did some ctrl-clicking around to towns to get the people i wanted, picked up 5 out of 6 of the companions and some caravan guards and merc horsemen.  I went out to lvl and got 5 of the C++ errors immediately after the first battle.  Had a hunch and did a new char again and just got caravan guards and merc horsemen (no companions this time)  now into day 84 and no c++ errors AT ALL!.  I did many of the quests that caused me problems before and the only one that caused problems was the kidnapped girl and that was only the script error message until i turned in the quest.  Xing fingers that this might be the problem and an easy solution till they get the bug fixed.

From here http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,36671.0.html

Going to get rid of my companions and see if it fixes it. That sounds cruel doesn't it?

Edit 3: Yep, that fixed it for me. Might want to give it a try, just don't save it so if it doesn't fix it you'll still be able to keep your companions.

Good find. Thanks, I'm going to  try it.  I'm getting tired of the companions whining anyway.  :razz:

edit: Unfortunately, it didn't work for me. I said goodbye to my companions but it crashed entering the next battle - no error message, just a freeze.

edit: It doesn't seem to be savegame size either.  I have saves from level 6 to 24 and they're almost exactly the same size at just over 2mb. I only get crashes in games over level 18, however, so there may be some connection. Anyway, this is very frustrating since I can't play more than a few minutes without crashing. I guess I'll have to wait for the next version to continue playing.

Back
Top Bottom