Need More Info Crashes in the initial loading screen and campaign

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.6
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
In the initial loading screen for the singleplayer it gives me an error message saying something like “Application has faced a problem. We need to collect files necessary to do something or other”. It gives me a yes or no option but regardless of which one I pick it then crashes. The few times I’ve made it to the main menu I’ve tried to launch my saved campaign and it then either crashes while loading it or makes it in, lags for about 30 seconds, and then crashes. I am playing with a few mods so I’ve tried disabling them, removing them entirely, and changing the load order but it doesn’t help. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the game but that didn’t do anything. I’ve been constantly verifying files on steam but it says everything is fine. There was one time where it said 2000 files couldn’t be verified and then proceeded to update itself for the next three hours. I launched it again and it still crashed and any further file verifications said nothing was wrong. For some reason the multiplayer seems to work fine. This is only in the singleplayer. This started around the time that the e1.5.6 patch came out but I have no idea if they are related. I was also having some issues before the crashes where the screen would start flickering when I entered a settlement or battlefield but I fixed that by switching to a second monitor. My computer meets all the requirements and ran the game fine up until a few days ago. I do love this game and would appreciate any help fixing this so I can continue playing. Thanks

Please note that we can’t support any modding-related issues. You can find more information about how to remove modifications here and more information about what we think about issues related to modding here.
If you can reproduce the issue in a new, un-modded and verified campaign please let us know!
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

This isn’t an issue with modding. I know how to remove mods. The game crashes regardless of whether my mods are active disabled or uninstalled entirely and I’d verify the file every time I changed something to make sure it was still supposedly fine. It’s a issue with single player crashing not anything to do with mods. There a a select few times where I made it past the initial loading screen and was able to successfully load a custom battle but any attempt to load the campaign results in a crash. Not to mention 95% of the time I never even make it to the main menu. The multiplayer works fine.

We prioritize the general stability of the game we provide. Because of this, we allocate our resources to provide support for the unmodded issues more than the modded ones. IF the mod user can remove the mods successfully and manages to reproduce the same issue again on a NEW Campaign we can be sure that that crash is from our end and not related to the mods. This way is a much faster and efficient way in the long run.

The callstacks alone, can't provide enough data to pinpoint the crash reason 100% on mods. Even if the save files had mods in them for a while but deleted afterwards, that game is still open to any crashes that can result from mods. This is why we prioritize unmodded issues first. Thanks for understanding.

Back
Top Bottom