Resolved Crashes causing corrupt saves?

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Platform
PS4

TheSadLad

Recruit
 Summary: Nonspecific crashes resulting in total save corruption anywhere from the tail end of clan tier 3 to the beginnings of clan tier 5 (suggesting a similar time frame).

How to Reproduce: Sit down and attempt to truly establish your own kingdom with a PS4 copy of M&B: Bannerlord.

Scene Name (if related): Nonspecific (has occured mid-conversation, mid-travel, mid-battle)

 Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A

For the sake of brevity... I'll simply say that having been a frequent player of SOME version of Mount & Blade since 2010 (OG Warband), when I purchased Bannerlord on the day of its console release, I was not expecting to be disappointed.

Thankfully... I wasn't, the game itself is beautiful (compared to Warband and its subsidiaries, even on a PS4's aging hardware)

Unfortunately, my reaction was worse... I was heartbroken. Menus occasionally not populating properly, graphics being slow to render, etc. can be looked past. My current issue? Not so much, I'm afraid.

More to the point: I have now been forced to restart from scratch 5 times (a total of 6 attempts at playthroughs, the last of which was a sandbox attempt, hoping that the lack of a "main quest line" and "extra moving parts" might prevent or delay the inevitable, as I can't currently bring myself to pick it up again, knowing the outcome) due (presumably) to crashes corrupting the entire stack of auto and manual saves. I feel as if I've just purchased a USD$50 demo, and it hurts.

Last edited:
We are sorry to see that you are having this problem. While we are investigating the potential reasons for this issue, we can't retrieve corrupted save files. Sorry for any inconvenience.

We are sorry to see that you are having this problem. While we are investigating the potential reasons for this issue, we can't retrieve corrupted save files. Sorry for any inconvenience.
I am sorry to see that you are having this problem. While we (the console community) are investigating the potential reasons for this issue, we (I) didn't ask for a retrieval of corrupted save files. Sorry for the convenience.

I'm afraid that adopting the "canned response" method of handling this only a few days in shines a negative light on one of my favorite small developers (TaleWorlds).

I realize that you (whichever individual responded) are only human and are only doing your job (paid or volunteered), I urge you to handle your now growing customer base with greater care.

 Summary: Nonspecific crashes resulting in total save corruption anywhere from the tail end of clan tier 3 to the beginnings of clan tier 5 (suggesting a similar time frame).

How to Reproduce: Sit down and attempt to truly establish your own kingdom with a PS4 copy of M&B: Bannerlord.

Scene Name (if related): Nonspecific (has occured mid-conversation, mid-travel, mid-battle)

 Media (Screenshots & Video): N/A

For the sake of brevity... I'll simply say that having been a frequent player of SOME version of Mount & Blade since 2010 (OG Warband), when I purchased Bannerlord on the day of its console release, I was not expecting to be disappointed.

Thankfully... I wasn't, the game itself is beautiful (compared to Warband and its subsidiaries, even on a PS4's aging hardware)

Unfortunately, my reaction was worse... I was heartbroken. Menus occasionally not populating properly, graphics being slow to render, etc. can be looked past. My current issue? Not so much, I'm afraid.

More to the point: I have now been forced to restart from scratch 5 times (a total of 6 attempts at playthroughs, the last of which was a sandbox attempt, hoping that the lack of a "main quest line" and "extra moving parts" might prevent or delay the inevitable, as I can't currently bring myself to pick it up again, knowing the outcome) due (presumably) to crashes corrupting the entire stack of auto and manual saves. I feel as if I've just purchased a USD$50 demo, and it hurts.
Same boat. Well said.

Same boat. Well said.
@Bounty314 , if you haven't already seen our various conversations about them... @DrakenSilverwing has narrowed down a workaround for this issue.

The issue itself seems to be tied to saves overwriting, so the workaround is to regularly do a manual "Save as" and delete whatever unwanted saves are left in there (I personally leave the last 5 or so manual saves and delete all autosaves.)

The crashes will still be there, making regular saving something of a necessity, BUT... progress can certainly be made. I've now conquered roughly 80% of Calradia several times and am working on my Imperial run.

With the latest v1.0.3 update, we have sent some fixes related to this issue. Could you update your game and report to us if you are still experiencing this issue?
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that caused a save to get corrupted when overwriting save files. Old saves might still be corrupted when overwriting (this includes auto-save), so make sure to create a new save file (choose "save as") for any existing saves that you want to safeguard.
  • [PS] Fixed a bug that prevented the deletion of corrupted save files.
  • [PS4] Reduced the save file limit from 32 to 16 to allow for larger files without corruption.
    • If you have more than 16 save files, this will not delete your files. It will only prevent you from creating new files until you are below 16 again. You can overwrite all existing files.

With the latest v1.0.3 update, we have sent some fixes related to this issue. Could you update your game and report to us if you are still experiencing this issue?

Firstly, I appreciate the attention you all are giving to the many who reported these issues.

I noticed the update downloading last night. I will start up a new campaign when I am finished with work to test the reworked autosaving. I will keep you updated.

In primo luogo, apprezzo l'attenzione che tutti voi state prestando ai molti che hanno segnalato questi problemi.

Ho notato il download dell'aggiornamento ieri sera. Avvierò una nuova campagna quando avrò finito di lavorare per testare il salvataggio automatico rielaborato. Ti terrò aggiornato

In primo luogo, apprezzo l'attenzione che tutti voi state prestando ai molti che hanno segnalato questi problemi.

Ho notato il download dell'aggiornamento ieri sera. Avvierò una nuova campagna quando avrò finito di lavorare per testare il salvataggio automatico rielaborato. Ti terrò aggiornato.
Dal Day One a ora non è cambiato nulla, il gioco va in crash a fine conversazione dopo una battaglia, ma non potete levare le conversazioni dopo le battaglie? Ancora il bug del cursore nella forgia. Ho reinstallato il gioco 4 volte e formattato la play 1 volta per sto gioco ma nulla da fare. Ah nella mia partita siamo rimasti in 2 fazioni, quindi non mi si venga ad insegnare che a voi non crasha il gioco perché siete a inizio game al 100%. Per i save corrotti me lo sono fissato da solo, e questa è la seconda partita dal Day One.

Ps. Gioco da ps4

Dal Day One a ora non è cambiato nulla, il gioco va in crash a fine conversazione dopo una battaglia, ma non potete levare le conversazioni dopo le battaglie? Ancora il bug del cursore nella forgia. Ho reinstallato il gioco 4 volte e formattato la play 1 volta per sto gioco ma nulla da fare. Ah nella mia partita siamo rimasti in 2 fazioni, quindi non mi si venga ad insegnare che a voi non crasha il gioco perché siete a inizio game al 100%. Per i save corrotti me lo sono fissato da solo, e questa è la seconda partita dal Day One.

Ps. Gioco da ps4

Re Barnaba, mi dispiace che continui ad avere problemi.

Finora, sono circa 9 - 9,5 ore in questa nuova campagna senza arresti anomali e senza salvataggi corrotti. Per essere onesti, durante i miei preziosi playthrough, i miei salvataggi non inizierebbero a corrompersi fino a circa il doppio di quel tempo (20-25 ore), ma... finora, tutto bene.

Prima di quest'ultima patch, sono stato in grado di conquistare circa l'80% di Calradia 3 - 4 volte usando solo un "Salva con nome" manuale, ma evito anche la fucina a causa dei suoi... vari problemi.

Back
Top Bottom