Resolved Crash when sucessfully convincing Lord of Besieging Army to Switch Sides

Users who are viewing this thread

I have been able to replicate this multiple times. When a besieging army attacks my city I am asked if I want to join the defense. I do so and then choose to request a parley. During the dialogue I successfully convince them that their current lord is unworthy of them 4/4 and then the game freezes. It has happened multiple times regardless of my dialogue choices.

I'm having the same experience as the above posters, when I click after the interaction is successful. It has never crashed on a failure, but always crashes on a success, making negotiating with nobles pointless.

Sorry to hear that, but maybe if this get's enough replies they will bump this up the priority queue. It makes a huge aspect of charm pointless.

Quick update, was able to sucessfully convince the same exact lord when I wans't doing so as a parley during a siege. So it's something about the siege scenario that borks it.

Quick update, was able to sucessfully convince the same exact lord when I wans't doing so as a parley during a siege. So it's something about the siege scenario that borks it.
Interesting, it doesn't seem to matter for me if I am in a siege or not, one of my crash-inducing instances occurred when I left my castle and met the enemy party before they started besieging me. But I'm glad to hear that you at least are having more luck with the charm system than we are.

I was doing some thinking, and I think noxdeath may have inadvertently raised a critical point.

I can't speak for him, but every time I've tried to Charm someone while being besieged, and thus experiencing a crash, the besieging party was always an Army, rather than just a lone noble. In other words, I think the crash might occur because there are several Nobles in an army, so the game doesn't know how to behave when the lead Noble is charmed (i.e. will the other nobles in the Army also defect? Or will they form a new army without the Charmed lead Noble?).

I'd test this now by trying to Charm a random noble, but I don't have time this evening. If I get around to it tomorrow, I will report back.

I was doing some thinking, and I think noxdeath may have inadvertently raised a critical point.

I can't speak for him, but every time I've tried to Charm someone while being besieged, and thus experiencing a crash, the besieging party was always an Army, rather than just a lone noble. In other words, I think the crash might occur because there are several Nobles in an army, so the game doesn't know how to behave when the lead Noble is charmed (i.e. will the other nobles in the Army also defect? Or will they form a new army without the Charmed lead Noble?).

I'd test this now by trying to Charm a random noble, but I don't have time this evening. If I get around to it tomorrow, I will report back.

i am experiencing that too and it really do tilt a bit because its crucial, for me i think they'd rather just disband army and go everyone in their own, other nobles aren't defected. I really wish that they change it and fix it because this is an annoying crash ruins the game for me and i am not playing single player because of that i am just playing multi player right now willing they fix it

This worked for me. Parley but from outside the castle doesn't crash.

Were you parleying with a SINGLE Noble, or a Noble leading an army?
A noble leading an army in both cases (from the castle and outside the castle). Same siege, same castle, same army. I also had my own army entering this parley.

A noble leading an army in both cases (from the castle and outside the castle). Same siege, same castle, same army. I also had my own army entering this parley.
Well, it seems like you've disproved my theory about armies being the problem, thanks for the valuable information.

EDIT: I've tried it since patching to .11 and was able to convince a Noble, leading an Army, outside of a siege situation. Whatever was causing the crash before (in this specific instance) seems to be fixed for me.

Last edited:
I am currently besieging a city and when the lord or that city comes to attack me I convince him to join but when I hit "offer" on the trade screen it crashes.

Back
Top Bottom