Version number
e1.5.9.270154
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-05-28_10.10.14_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a
Hey, the fix for issue is still an ongoing process by our team, they are aware and working on it. I will update the thread if there is news from the devs. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Bug still persists as of 1.7.2.

Tried to start a Sandbox game for testing purposes.
2022-03-15_20.37.43_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a

I guess, the native.exe-version has to suffice for some more months...

PS: Looking at the fact, that I reported this bug in May of last year and it still is not fixed: How are the odds, that it is resolved before hitting May 2022?
It would be embarassing for you guys, if such a severe bug would stay in the game for a year.

Hey, the issue is still in progress. I will forward your update to the devs. Thank you for your time and sorry for the inconvenience.

It seems I have the same issue as this one, I created this post about the same problem:

Still not working as of version

Crash report here:

2022-09-07_10.59.54_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a

This problem is persistent since more than a god damn year. You can't tell me that you haven't found something to this day and that there is no progress to fixing it.

PS: I forgot that I still was on 1.7.2. Beta, so I took the opportunity to once again clean uninstall and reinstall the game and tried again, but still, no change, still the very same error.

2022-09-07_13.43.09_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a
PPS: I also updated the ticket on this, that still is open since all that time.

Last edited:
Still not working as of 1.9.0. beta.
This time however the game didn't generate such a crash report code upon uploading the crash files?
Will this be fixed or have the devs forgotten this bug?

Still not working as of 1.9.0. beta.
This time however the game didn't generate such a crash report code upon uploading the crash files?
Will this be fixed or have the devs forgotten this bug?
What a stubborn problem it's giving you

Mind putting your rgl_log in a pastebin or similar?

A lot of launch problems also seem to be caused by OneDrive so you might want to check on that, make sure it isn't signed out or trying to sync and running into an error.

What a stubborn problem it's giving you

Mind putting your rgl_log in a pastebin or similar?

A lot of launch problems also seem to be caused by OneDrive so you might want to check on that, make sure it isn't signed out or trying to sync and running into an error.
That I hear the first time of, where can I find this rgl log? Google didn't help me in that regard, I'm willing to pursue every avenue if it may lead to the game working again the way it should, since I'm myself at a loss, having tried literally everything else before.
I'm always logged into OneDrive, I don't think that is causing my problem, I'm very rarely actually using it, since I rarely use my Laptop (in case I want to send files from my Laptop to my PC or vice versa).

Seen this one before, unfortunately never found a solution and the other user stopped responding since.

Do you get the same problem if you bypass steam by running launcher.native.exe rather than bannerlord.exe?

Can you try closing as many background programs as possible, especially things like driver control panels (including GeForce Experience) or game optimizers that may be trying to force certain video settings? Discord also has an overlay that's on by default and can be overlooked.

I doubt it's the source of the problem, but the log does mention a shader-related problem the other user didn't have, wouldn't hurt to also try flushing your shaders. Bannerlord has its shaders in C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders and NVIDIA also keeps a shader cache in C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Local\NVIDIA you can just delete the contents of the folders present there.

If you're comfortable installing and using mods, can you reproduce this problem with Better Exception Window installed and post the reason and inner/outer call stacks it gives you? The log includes a lot of "unknown_function" entries that it should be able to better identify.

Also, is this still on 1.8.0 or the perf_test thing? I'm not familiar with what build 2747 is, 1.8.1 should be 2778

Seen this one before, unfortunately never found a solution and the other user stopped responding since.

Do you get the same problem if you bypass steam by running launcher.native.exe rather than bannerlord.exe?

Can you try closing as many background programs as possible, especially things like driver control panels (including GeForce Experience) or game optimizers that may be trying to force certain video settings? Discord also has an overlay that's on by default and can be overlooked.

I doubt it's the source of the problem, but the log does mention a shader-related problem the other user didn't have, wouldn't hurt to also try flushing your shaders. Bannerlord has its shaders in C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Shaders and NVIDIA also keeps a shader cache in C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\Local\NVIDIA you can just delete the contents of the folders present there.

If you're comfortable installing and using mods, can you reproduce this problem with Better Exception Window installed and post the reason and inner/outer call stacks it gives you? The log includes a lot of "unknown_function" entries that it should be able to better identify.

Also, is this still on 1.8.0 or the perf_test thing? I'm not familiar with what build 2747 is, 1.8.1 should be 2778
No, I don't get this problem, when I run the native.exe, we even stumbled upon this solution earlier in this thread.

This is on 1.9.0. beta.

I will try it out to disable GeForce Experience and such, although I clearly must say, since TW presumeably is reading here too, that their game worked in the initial versions as it should and at some unknown point (I stopped playing for a few months in between) this error occured and since over a year they haven't fixed it.

It can't be that a user must jump through so many hoops to play their game, I'm just a patient one, who takes a situation as is and endures it, but still, this is not okay.

I tried again with all kinds of overlays disabled, the aforementioned caches emptied and that Better Exception Window and Harmony for it installed and got this:

The full text in the error window here:

Never seen that one before, unfortunately I'm not familiar with problems related to steam workshop and that error message looks like a new unrelated error that many workshop mod users get. Should be more reliable to unsubscribe from the workshop version and install the nexus versions manually.

Never seen that one before, unfortunately I'm not familiar with problems related to steam workshop and that error message looks like a new unrelated error that many workshop mod users get. Should be more reliable to unsubscribe from the workshop version and install the nexus versions manually.
I installed manually from Nexus now and can't even reach the main menu, it crashes on the loading screen with the standard "I want to upload files for Talewords"-error message.

The dll-files of the modules are unblocked, as it was stated on the Nexus Pages.

Can you pastebin the rgl_log and launcher_log for this new crash? Also I see on the workshop page for BEW that the System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException thing should be fixed now, can give the workshop versions another try.

Can you pastebin the rgl_log and launcher_log for this new crash? Also I see on the workshop page for BEW that the System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException thing should be fixed now, can give the workshop versions another try.

Same with the Workshop Version, doesn't even start up to the main menu.

rgl_log:

launcher_log:

Sorry that BEW didn't help any. I haven't seen the error
The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.LauncherModsDLLManager.GetDLLVerifyReport(String[] dlls)
in any other reports. If you uninstall BEW/Harmony, is this error still present in your launcher_log?

Sorry that BEW didn't help any. I haven't seen the error
The system cannot find the file specified
at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.LauncherModsDLLManager.GetDLLVerifyReport(String[] dlls)
in any other reports. If you uninstall BEW/Harmony, is this error still present in your launcher_log?
Was dealing with other stuff a few days.
I updated to 1.0. and could atleast access the main menu again, but still the same problem, crash upon starting a campaign or sandbox.
At this point I try another clean installation again, although I don't really have hope at this point, that this would work, given the experience that it didn't work before.

Exactly the ****ing same problem exists after a clean reinstall.

Atleast the crash uploader works again:
2022-10-26_19.39.15_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a

Back
Top Bottom