Version number
e1.5.9.270154
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-05-28_10.10.14_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a
Summary: I encountered this crash when I wanted to try out the game again after having paused a few months. I cleanly reinstalled the game two times now (as explained in other posts like here https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/crash-on-new-game-start.441796/), safe mode doesn't help, the game is unmodded, Steam version.
I also tried adding the executable files of the game as allowed app is in the Windows Security App.

Months ago the game worked like a charm.

How to Reproduce: Clean uninstall the game, freshly reinstall it and just try to start a new campaign or sandbox game, crashes every time.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No.
Scene Name (if related): Main Main Menu/Loading Screen upon starting Campaign/Sandbox Campaign
Media (Screenshots & Video): 2021-05-28_10.00.58_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a (Sandbox Try) & 2021-05-28_10.10.14_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a (New Campaign Try)
Computer Specs:
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1070 (Up-to-date drivers, before you ask)
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6647
CPU:i5-6600K (not overclocked, before you ask)
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
Motherboard:Z170-A PRO (MS-7971)
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD 5TB

Hello, are you experiencing the same issue on our beta branch e.1.5.10? If the issue is persistent in beta as well please let me know.

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.
Hi, as no answer came in time (I was checking the thread that day and the day after) I was bound up with other stuff.

The issue still persists in the recent stable branch, I'm not using any beta branch.

I already uploaded the files with the crash reporter but forgot, that you need this long number for that. I already deinstalled the game, try to remove any remains for a clean uninstall and then try a reinstall.

Hello, this issue is being inspected by our team. If you get a crash after clean install please make sure to share your Crash ID with me so i can forward it to the devs.

Hello, this issue is being inspected by our team. If you get a crash after clean install please make sure to share your Crash ID with me so i can forward it to the devs.
Hello,

Yeah, I did the clean, fresh reinstall (even with manually installing these net-code windows programs from your crash checklist) and the same crash did happen again.

2021-08-18_21.20.14_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a

This is the Crash-ID of it.

I will now try the following:
-Verifiying game files over steam (since somewhere on a guy getting crashes when even starting up a game you recommended that, that maybe a file is corrupted after fresh install)
-If that doesn't help, I'll try moving to the latest Beta Branch to see, if you coincidentally fixed it there.

PS: Of cause I kept my graphics card driver up-to-date, so it isn't anymore the one posted in the original post, it is by now 30.0.14.7168, graphics card and other hardware unchanged.

PPS: According to Steam all files have been validated with success, so according to steam it is a clean install, no corrupted files or anything. I'll try moving to the Beta Branch of 1.6.1 now.

Last edited:
PS: I don't know, if it is in any kind related to the issue, but when i tried to look, if maybe some experimental graphics setting or anything is on, that could interfere (e.g. DX 12 activated or stuff like that), the ingame option menu looks like this:

This is still on 1.6.1. beta.

Ok, interesting development:

I looked through different crash fix attempts for different problems and just tried out setting the compatibility settings for Bannerlord.exe, Bannerlord.Native.exe and Bannerlord_BE.exe to always run as administrator and started the game directly via Bannerlord.Native.exe to start the Singleplayer.

The Options Menu could be accessed and used normally than and although the game seemed to be stuck for a few seconds now and then (probably loading character models and such) upon starting the campaign, this time the game didn't crash, it could actually start the campaign!

This was on 1.6.1. Beta. I didn't try that so far with the SandBox but I guess, this "fix" works there too, although I hate fiddling around manually in that way with game files, it just should work from the Launcher.

So whatever causes this crash, it only affects the game launched from the Launcher, not if you launch it directly via the Bannerlord.Native.exe.

For now I will make a desktop shortcut to the Bannerlord.Native.exe, I'd be happy if you could contact me here, if that issue is relayed to the devs and they've found a fix to integrate into a future patch :smile:

So, I wanted to see if the problem was the lack of admin rights or the launcher somehow fiddling with the game making it crash.

The version launched by the launcher still does crash, even with the admin rights, so the lack of admin right's isn't the problem, the launcher version is the problem.

2021-08-19_10.31.53_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a

Hello, can you open the game with both Bannerlord.exe and Bannerlord.Native.exe or just Bannerlord.Native.exe? Please let me know if you can start the game with both.

Hello, can you open the game with both Bannerlord.exe and Bannerlord.Native.exe or just Bannerlord.Native.exe? Please let me know if you can start the game with both.

Nope, didn't work with the Bannerlord.exe. I tried it with the Sandbox this time.

Crash-ID: 2021-08-19_21.23.30_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a

Hello, the issue is being inspected by our team. I will update the thread when it is fixed on our development branch or if there is any update from the devs.

The issue is still existing as of 1.6.5. Beta, tried to startup a Sandbox, still crashing on the first loading screen.

2021-10-25_19.19.15_08194ef0d48280586d667b8e02be162a

Back
Top Bottom