Resolved Crash when I launch the game. I have validated the files and everything is good. Have not been able to play for about three weeks now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Summary:
How to Reproduce: click on start, see banner lord icon briefly, and then shuts down and goes back the the launch screen in Steam. Wont launch.

I have installed/uninstall read forums tried all that I know. Still can not play this game. Fresh install. Nothing works.

Have you used cheats and if so which: set cheat to 1
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
Device name DESKTOP-13ML6CP
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-Core Processor 3.79 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Device ID EFCE4FAC-BCCA-4E04-8BA3-A9AFA7841B43
Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA711
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display
GPU: saphire radeon 5600

Here is everything I can tell you all. I am having this same issue. I have validated files and no issues were found. I have checked and made sure the config is empty besides the native things. I have directly deleted all of the game files and reinstalled twice. I have set my resolution to 1920x1080 instead of 2560x1080 in hopes that the uncommon resolution was hindering the launcher. I have turned off both steam overlay and GeForce Experience overlay in hopes that an overlay UI was hindering the launcher. I have tried to set the launch options to -windowed. Every one of these failed solutions has yielded the same result: absolutely no difference on launch. To be clear, the game's launcher comes up, and I can press play, continue, or play for multiplayer. I have tried all of them. Once I click any of these buttons, the launcher window will disappear but no game window will appear. I can actually look at both Bannerlord.exe and Bannerlord_BE.exe running in the task manager, but the former is stuck at 12,492 K memory usage and the latter is stuck at 2,140 K. That's everything I can think of to tell you all.

Have you tried these workarounds?

‘Launcher not Launching’ / Game is not launching Workarounds​

If you experiencing any issues with the launcher, you can try the workarounds below to fix it:
  • The first thing to do when experiencing any issue with the game is verifying the game files. After an update, there is always a chance of some of the game files being corrupted or missing. Doing this will verify that the game files are installed correctly. You can also check our guide regarding this here.
  • Deleting the configs folder of the game located in the Documents folder. Please keep in mind that this will also delete your saved options of the game. Don’t forget to back up the files if you don’t want to lose them. (C:\Users\user.name\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs)
  • If you have installed a mod called Fixed Launcher in the past, you need to make sure that you have deleted its files. These files can block the launcher from launching. The files of the aforementioned mod.
  • Check your Windows Defender settings for Ransomware Protection. You should add Bannerlord to the list under the Controlled Folder Access. To do that:
  • - Open Windows Defender Security Center.
    - Click on Virus & threat protection.
    - Click the Virus & threat protection settings option.
    - Under "Controlled folder access," click the Allow an app through the Controlled folder access link.
    - Click the Add an allowed app button to add Bannerlord.
  • Deleting the “spriteData.xml” file located in the "steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI” folder can fix the issue. This is an obsolete xml file that the game is not using. However, if a mod is installed before changing this file, the game tries to use it and crashes.
  • Deleting the logs folder located under the "C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord" folder. Please note that the ProgramData folder is a hidden folder by default.
  • If none of the workarounds above helped you, you can try to launch the game via the TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Singleplayer.exe and TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Multiplayer.exe files located in the folder below:
    ...:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client
  • Check your OneDrive folder contents. Even if it is disabled we have seen users post that their files have been changed with the previous OneDrive synced files. You should try deleting your OneDrive files. More info about that can be found here.

Have you tried these workarounds?
Deleting the configs folder worked perfectly. Thank you and I'm sorry for not checking that in the first place. And btw i might not tag this solved yet. The issue might persist in other cases, but luckily did not in mine. Either way, it's up to you. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom