Need More Info Crash when executing rebel lord of a rebel faction and you are the only other faction left (Rebel faction has almost every province in game).

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.8.0
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2022-08-12_07.34.04_8b662ab45f723be031b3f5c2ebd8cbc2

jimmycm123

Recruit
Summary: The game crashes when you execute the last rebel lord of a rebel faction and you are the only other faction left. I've already completed the main quest and rebels had the remaining land after I executed all the other lords. This rebel was the last one and when all the land (large amount) tried to convert over to my faction, a crash occurred.
How to Reproduce: Execute the last rebel lord of a rebel faction and be the only other faction left. Probably have few provinces and have the rebel have lots of provinces.
Have you used cheats and if so which: Nope.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video): reddit.com/r/mountandblade/comments/wmevsx/not_like_this_please_dont_tell_me_this_is/
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070 Ti Founders Edition
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K CPU
RAM: 16.0 GB
Motherboard: MSI B360-A PRO
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB

Could you try to reproduce this crash on an unmodded campaign? It looks like the crash is originated from the mods.
I deactivated all mods, loaded my save and the crash still happened. Unfortunately, I do not have a campaign save of which I've never used mods on. I remember I had the same issue on a much earlier version of Bannerlord without any mods installed. I think the problem is the transferring an extremely large amount of settlements to the players kingdom at the same exact time.

I'm unsure if it's the result of mods or not, but if desired to be tested, the exact reproduction steps for a QA test would be to execute all nobles in the game except 1 rebel lord of his rebel clan who's faction owns every single province in the game except one settlement that the player owns, fail Arazgos' Conspiracy quest, play Ironman mode with death and birth enabled, complete the main quest (The message, Victory: The Empire has been united under the Clan Name!") by executing all lords of last remaining kingdom and then making peace with last remaining kingdom, and lastly execute the rebel lord. Maybe even time lapse the game further a bit to see if a long game might affect it.

Imgur Photos

Download link to my save file for testing, see if it crashes on your end. e1.8.0 - beta

On a sidenote, are the main quests functioning correctly? The game said that I united the Empire and achieved victory once I executed all the nobles of every kingdom in the game. Somehow, the quest log previously stated that I failed the Unify the Empire quest when the quest Arazgos' Conspiracy failed. The main quest is to capture 2/3 of settlements of imperial culture with your independent faction, but I didn't do that, and still got the victory message when all kingdom nobles died and only rebel factions owned the map. I only had like 3 provinces of imperial culture, not 2/3 of all imperial culture settlements. That could be related to the crashing issue on the game being confused about the main quest.

On the Eliminate Aserai quest, I noticed that a peace offer is sent when you execute all of the Aserai lords, and if you decline their peace offer, the main quest gets softlocked. This is because you cannot complete the Eliminate Aserai quest because you refused peace and they do not exist anymore (No lords, no provinces).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom