In Progress Crash when click "Done" after battle 1.5.10

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.10.270421
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Game sometimes crashes to desktop (without the crash report option popping up) when I click "Done" on the post-battle summary (victory screen with casualties, renown and influence gained, etc.) after a battle is complete. Has occurred several times and seems to occur more or less randomly, mostly after being in game for some time. I've had it happen after fighting small bands of looters, on a successful castle siege, fighting lords, and fighting an army. If I save before a battle, get this crash at the end, reload the save and complete the same battle, I haven't been able to get the crash to occur a second time. This has made replicating it a bit difficult.

Have not tried testing auto-resolve battles yet.

No mods. Clean install, verified files. GPU drivers and OS up to date.

I can submit a save file from just before one of the times this occurred, but on replaying the battle a second time I couldn't get the crash to repeat.

How to Reproduce: Complete a battle and click "Done" on the post-battle summary. Will sometimes result in a crash
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related): Various battle scenes
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
GPU Driver Version: 466.47
CPU: Intel Core i5-10600K
RAM: 16 GB DDR4
Motherboard: MSI MAG Z490 Tomahawk
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 1 TB NVMe SSD

I would like to see the save file to see if we can reproduce it. Can you also check if you have a folder under this pathway?
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\crashes\
Please note that ProgramData is a hidden folder.

i would like to +1 this thread, it has been happening to me as well and i've provided save files through the crash report tool. the tricky thing about providing a save file is that the crashing does not always happen which means the developer might not see anything wrong. i've crashed when exiting a battle, then loaded the save file, did the battle again and was able to proceed, only to crash later on after another battle, it's sporadic. it was not happening at all in the early game

2021-05-24_00.41.50_4ffd34402cda8883986ae4b9b60a9fd5
2021-05-20_18.18.11_4ffd34402cda8883986ae4b9b60a9fd5

I would like to see the save file to see if we can reproduce it. Can you also check if you have a folder under this pathway?
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\crashes\
Please note that ProgramData is a hidden folder.
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I don't have a \crashes folder under C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord. Only \logs and \Shaders

If it helps, I've uploaded a save made just before one of these crashes through upload.taleworlds.com, with the URL of this thread and my username. File name is Crash Test.sav. If you're trying to reproduce it, in this case the crash occurred after winning a battle against Calatild's army (though as mentioned, on reloading and trying again I couldn't get the crash to repeat).

Edit: to second a point snuggans made, this only started happening for me after a couple hundred days in game. Did not occur early game.

Last edited:
Having the exact same problem as Snuggans on the e1.5.10 beta. Crashes after battle happen randomly, but frequently. I rarely get a 45-minute session completed before I crash. Around 25-33% frequency. Verified integrity of Steam files and updated graphic drivers.

Like AggravatedAardvark, I do not have a Crashes folder in C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\

i5-10600k, GTX 1080, 32GB RAM

Back
Top Bottom