Resolved crash when attacking looters

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Hi! Sorry to hear that. Could you send a crash dump through the crash uploader and post the crash report ID here? For this crash ID, please try to recreate the crash. After that, a pop-up should appear to send us the necessary files. When you click "yes" on it, the crash uploader appears and after clicking "Send Dump" an ID will be created where you can take a screenshot and post it here.

Also, we may need a save file which saved right before the crash. Can you upload the save file to upload.taleworlds.com so that we can reproduce the issue faster. You can find the save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
Please include the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

Thanks in advance!

I've experienced the same issue periodically on 1.5.7

Will start out fine, playing normally, and then after several hours of play (and many saves/loads) suddenly every looter group I attack crashes the game. Doesn't even get to the dialogue with the looters.

Hi! Sorry to hear that. Could you send a crash dump through the crash uploader and post the crash report ID here? For this crash ID, please try to recreate the crash. After that, a pop-up should appear to send us the necessary files. When you click "yes" on it, the crash uploader appears and after clicking "Send Dump" an ID will be created where you can take a screenshot and post it here.

Also, we may need a save file which saved right before the crash. Can you upload the save file to upload.taleworlds.com so that we can reproduce the issue faster. You can find the save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
Please include the link to this thread in the description box on the upload website so I can identify it.

Thanks in advance!
2021-01-19_03.49.19_d605742526fd4364761582c50e188466
that is mine I just had right now, attacked a pack of 12 looters

Interesting information in this thread. I've been posting in a similar thread, same issue. In my case, the crash doesn't occur when I have the crafted weapons in inventory as long as I don't attack looters until I've done other tasks. I just had the game crash again though when all I had done is sell or equip all but1 or 2 crafted weapons..so those tasks apparently don't count.

Most recent data dump on this issue:
2021-01-19_14.31.23_4fad524b502dc5d39f47374f5b22806b

Some additional information on this. The only crafted weapon I have in my inventory is a sword with a double handed grip that I made some time ago. I used or sold all the crafted weapons I made from the most recent crafting session. I've tried a few ideas, entering a village then attacking the looters, going to a village and recruiting troops then attacking looters, or going to speak with merchants in the town and then attacking looters, the game crashes every time, but once it's crashed,I can restart the game and fight the looters without issue.

I mispook, the game still crashes after rebooting from a crash. I've managed to keep crafted items in inventory but I can't seem to replicate that now. Also tried attacking a hideout (forest bandit type), but then the game crashed when I attacked looters after defeating the hideout.

I've spent my morning testing on this as best as I can. At this point, I believe I must have swapped out one crafted sword for a new crafted sword. So long as I have a crafted sword in inventory the game crashes when attacking looters.

The thread in the link above goes to a 'resolved issue', that isn't correct the issue is NOT resolved. Theres no reason a player shouldn't be able to have a crafted item in inventory, so this is going to cause crashes for anyone that places crafted items in inventory and then have a battle with looters.

The thread in the link above goes to a 'resolved issue', that isn't correct the issue is NOT resolved. Theres no reason a player shouldn't be able to have a crafted item in inventory, so this is going to cause crashes for anyone that places crafted items in inventory and then have a battle with looters.

Agreed. I noticed the thread creator requested it be moved to resolved when he found the solution which is partly why I included the info here as well. Finding a workaround is definitely not resolved!

I noticed that this is still marked as "Need more info" and just happened to me. After a bit of debugging I found the issue: DefaultTradeItemPriceFactorModel.GetTradePenalty. The clientParty is null and this code "Hero leaderHero = clientParty.LeaderHero;" crashes after this condition "if (item.IsCraftedWeapon && item.IsCraftedByPlayer)".

I have been informed that this issue is fixed on our development branch and the fix will be implemented with the upcoming patches. Thanks a lot!

Back
Top Bottom