Resolved Crash when asking companion to join me after disbanding

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Having a crash which occurs when I ask my companion to join me after having disbanded his party.
How to Reproduce: Load the save file I uploaded, disband the companion party, then immediately after, click on him (he's right on top of the player-character's party) and ask him to rejoin main party.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No

Update: the bug appears to be related to the companion's proximity to the city at the time of the disbandment. If I load that save, wait for the companion to move away from the city, the crash doesn't occur.

In older versions, there was a bug where, if you disbanded a party right next to a city you own, then asked that party to join you before they entered the city, they would immediately (without any game-time passing) disappear into the city and join the garrison instead of your party. I can't check if this bug still occurs, because the new crash happens before the old bug can occur.

I'd wager much that this old bug is behind the crash in 1.5.9, because the new crash only happens under the same conditions (disbanding a party and asking to rejoin you right next to a city) under which the old bug would manifest.

Back
Top Bottom