Resolved Crash to desktop when useing Encyclopedia in "specific circumstances.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

Zorion_no

Sergeant
Summary: CTD in Encyclopeida when looking up location of a hero under specific circumstances.
How to Reproduce: Go to kingdome menu - find enemy faction - click on "hero formed an army" -> this will open the encyclopedia on the hero.
Now it says he is located near village X, I dont recall which city its attached to, so I thus click the village x's name -> CTD.
Have you used cheats and if so which: no

For me this happends 100% of the time when I do this.

However if I open the encyclopedia "normal" like just hitting the shortcut-key (N on my end) it will open it.
I can then search the hero who formed the army.
See his near village x.
Click on village x. -> it opens normal and shows the town or castle he is near.

However if I do it the "lazy way" the open hero from kingdome menu - boom CTD each time.

not a high-priority as it is annoying when it happends, but its not game-breaking and if one just find the location "manually" so to speak it never crash.

Summary: CTD in Encyclopeida when looking up location of a hero under specific circumstances.
How to Reproduce: Go to kingdome menu - find enemy faction - click on "hero formed an army" -> this will open the encyclopedia on the hero.
Now it says he is located near village X, I dont recall which city its attached to, so I thus click the village x's name -> CTD.
Have you used cheats and if so which: no

For me this happends 100% of the time when I do this.

However if I open the encyclopedia "normal" like just hitting the shortcut-key (N on my end) it will open it.
I can then search the hero who formed the army.
See his near village x.
Click on village x. -> it opens normal and shows the town or castle he is near.

However if I do it the "lazy way" the open hero from kingdome menu - boom CTD each time.

not a high-priority as it is annoying when it happends, but its not game-breaking and if one just find the location "manually" so to speak it never crash.
Hello! Use the crash uploader tool. If you can upload your crash to us developers can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that they can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.
You can also checked out these threads about Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds.

Please note that the developer team will be on leave until 26th of July. All technical support tickets will be handled when they back in action. Thank you for understanding.

Hello! Use the crash uploader tool. If you can upload your crash to us developers can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that they can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.
You can also checked out these threads about Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds.

I cant, as it crashes to the desktop, like totally, so no regular crashtool that pops-up where you can upload files etc.

Just kills the application, and boom your back to your desktop.

So basically either its something on my end only, if you cant trigger it by doing the steps I mentioned on your end.

I get no crashfiles, no id. Just as if you had hit ALT-F4 and shut down the application that way, just boom to your desktop.

I cant, as it crashes to the desktop, like totally, so no regular crashtool that pops-up where you can upload files etc.

Just kills the application, and boom your back to your desktop.

So basically either its something on my end only, if you cant trigger it by doing the steps I mentioned on your end.

I get no crashfiles, no id. Just as if you had hit ALT-F4 and shut down the application that way, just boom to your desktop.

Have you tried the rest of the tips above?

Have you tried the rest of the tips above?
Ay, I just revalidated the files on steam just to be sure and got no issues.

The other files are afaik also up to date, latest stable drivers from manafacturer.
I still get the issue regardless if I open it from the "kingdome window", but never if I'm on the world-map and open the encyclopedia there.

So again its to very specific circumstances it occur, and sadly there is no log nor ticket or nothing, it just goes boom and I'm back to desktop.

Basically just try it on your end or if there is any other user who read this - try it if it happends then there is something.
Should it not happend - close the ticket as again its not a big issue as I can just remember who formed the army, search them up in the encyclopeida that way, then find the village they are near and then town to intercept them.

Just that it is "convenient to just use" the option from the kingdome menu.

Do you have a save file just before the crash happens?
Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. For more information regarding how to send us your save files, you can check this thread out. You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom