Version number
e1.5.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

vaggelissig

Recruit
Summary:When i open the game it says it crashes. I do upload the files that it says and the i press "send". Then it doesnt send anything. I played this game a lot and then one day this happened
How to Reproduce:
Have you used cheats and if so which:none
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Videos):i dont know how to upload. i dont know the link it asks for photos
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

Solution
If this is indeed through steam, you can right-click on the name in library, select Properties, then the Betas tab to select the version to use. Selecting None just keeps it up to date with whatever the latest stable version is.
1.5.1 is a rather old version. If you're determined to run it and this is through steam, you may have extra files left in the installation folder that the older version crashes while trying to load. I know that at least for 1.7.x users have to delete language_data.xml to not crash on launch. If the version number isn't a typo, you might want to just update to 1.8.1 and avoid the headache.

If this is indeed through steam, you can right-click on the name in library, select Properties, then the Betas tab to select the version to use. Selecting None just keeps it up to date with whatever the latest stable version is.

Solution
i found the documents. I pressed copy i opend the link u sent me and i pressed paste. Nothing happened. I tried to drag the documents to the link but it opened a ne tab on the internet

Oh dear. When you can see the file, right-click and select open. It should bring up some kind of text editor like Notepad. You should be able to right-click inside the window and select "select all" and then "copy". You should then be able to paste this text in the big window on PasteBin. At the bottom of pastebin a button should say "Create new paste" and after clicking on that, copy the address from the address bar and paste that here.

I've seen this error a few times but unfortunately never seen a surefire solution. One user was able to fix it by deleting the contents of <installation directory>\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client and then verifying on steam to re-acquire the deleted files. You can also try running Windows Update and making sure that Microsoft OneDrive hasn't been signed out or is currently having issues with syncing.

If none of that works, most users with this issue seem to end up working around it by launching the game directly without using the steam shortcuts. Inside <installation directory>\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\ you should try running the executables named "TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe", "Launcher.Native.exe", "Bannerlord.Native.exe", and "Bannerlord.exe" to see if any of them can launch and play the game without crashing.

Right click steam tray icon -> Library -> right-click Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord -> properties -> "Local Files" tab on the left -> Verify integrity of game files

It's a fairly large game and will take a good 5+ minutes just to check, but fortunately since that one folder is less than 1GB it won't take long to redownload the mission portion.

Does it still crash when launching from all the executables mentioned earlier directly? Unfortunately I think this one will need developer attention for a proper fix, but so far all other threads with this problem have been able to work around it that way.

Back
Top Bottom