Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
v1.1.0
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary:
How to Reproduce: Start game - crashes immediately on windows, on Geforce now crashes after 1-2 mins until loading screen reaches 100%.
Have you used cheats and if so which: No
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Geforce GTC1060
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: i7
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: Alienware
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): 500GB (300GB free)
Steam cloud savegame sync turned on.

1st error in Windows event log
Faulting application name: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x63fdc1b3
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.1466, time stamp: 0xe01c7650
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x0000000000034f69
Faulting process id: 0xc88
Faulting application start time: 0x01d94efa74836ef8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 6e77572f-2dde-4725-b5b6-16d3b65b5c70
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

2nd error in Windows event log
Application: TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentNullException
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetDelegateForFunctionPointer(IntPtr, System.Type)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.Native.OpenGL.Opengl32ARB.LoadFunction[[System.__Canon, mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089]](System.String)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.Native.OpenGL.Opengl32ARB.LoadExtensions()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.GraphicsContext.CreateContext(TaleWorlds.Library.ResourceDepot)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.GraphicsForm.InitializeGraphicsContext(TaleWorlds.Library.ResourceDepot)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.StandaloneUIDomain.Update()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.WindowsFramework.MessageLoop()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.WindowsFramework.Start()
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.Program.Main(System.String[])
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Program.Main(System.String[])

P.S. the Geforce now tech support has been absolutley useless. I have not had a response since creating a ticket on the 22nd February 2023.

Update, I'm able to run the game directly from "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Bannerlord.exe" however when running via steam the game still crashes.

I think the error is with the steam configuration of the game, it's the only commonality between my windows installation and geforce now.

One more thing to add, I don't understand the question about mods in the forum thread topic. Does this include developer mods?
I think my save games are using the following modules.
  1. Native
  2. Sandbox (Core)
  3. CustomBattle
  4. Sandbox
  5. StoryMode
My save game files have version v1.0.3.9860, and my game installation is v1.0.12734.

Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.

Thank you Marda, but the crash uploader tool does not show.

The program crashes before the loading screen. I think the issue is an incomatibility between the latest version, steam, and perhaps my configuration files.

I'm currently downloading an older version V1.0.0 to see if it works in steam.

Are you still experienicing this on v1.1.1 version of the game?
Yes, same error on v1.1.1. And the error is now happening outside of steam. I tried running Launcher.Native.exe and the error happens immediately.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Launcher.Native.exe

Error 1
Faulting application name: Launcher.Native.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x640b16b0
Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 10.0.19041.2728, time stamp: 0xe7e53a4e
Exception code: 0xe0434352
Fault offset: 0x000000000002cd29
Faulting process id: 0x39a4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d95784c02ed854
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Launcher.Native.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\KERNELBASE.dll
Report Id: 1a1afa68-23fb-441b-b135-305e26c627dd
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Error 2
Application: Launcher.Native.exe
CoreCLR Version: 4.700.22.51102
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null. (Parameter 'ptr')
at System.Runtime.InteropServices.Marshal.GetDelegateForFunctionPointer(IntPtr ptr, Type t)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.Native.OpenGL.Opengl32ARB.LoadFunction[T](String name)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.Native.OpenGL.Opengl32ARB.LoadExtensions()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.GraphicsContext.CreateContext(ResourceDepot resourceDepot)
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.GraphicsForm.InitializeGraphicsContext(ResourceDepot resourceDepot)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.StandaloneUIDomain.Update()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.WindowsFramework.MessageLoop()
at TaleWorlds.TwoDimension.Standalone.WindowsFramework.Start()
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.Program.Main(String[] args)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Library.Program.NativeMain(String commandLine)

Back
Top Bottom