Resolved crash on the twohanded axe smithing menu

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
i have a few mods installed (auto trader - true relations - settlement icons and looted village interactions) none of them smithing related. at the beginning of my save game i could smith two handed axes but after i have played some time whenever i go into the twohanded axe smithing screen my game just crashes. i have sent a report throught the crash reporter but wanted to create a thread here aswell, ihave no idea if this is caused by mods or not. i have found this in the rgl_log might be related to the cause somehow :
[09:06:49.826] Loading xml file: $BASE/Modules/Sandbox/SceneObj/crafting_menu_outdoor/scene.xscene.
[09:06:49.827] Loading xml file: $BASE/Modules/Sandbox/SceneObj/crafting_menu_outdoor/atmosphere.xml.
[09:06:49.829] Unable to find particle system with name prt_crafting_scene
[09:06:49.829] Emitter hierarchy does not match invalid_particle-invalid_particle[09:06:49.829] Disabling invalid particle system under entity(blacksmith_flame)
[09:06:49.829] Disabling invalid particle system under entity(blacksmith_flame)
[09:06:49.830] Disabling invalid particle system under entity(blacksmith_flame)
[09:06:49.911] SandBox.GauntletUI.CraftingGauntletScreen::HandleActivate

thanks for your help.

Hi, can you try removing all of your mods, verifying your game files and recreating this issue on an unmodded new campaign? If the game still crashes, please send a crash dump through the crash uploader and post the generated ID here.

i have turned all the mods, verified game (no issue was found) and tried to load the modded save game and a fresh new save, in the fresh save nothing happened i could enter the smithing menu and browse but as i have stated it is fine at first, the crashes happen after i have smith a bit, probably a bug about unlocking crafting parts. for the modded save file it crashed again and i am uploading the crash report to that just in case (screenshot is the info panel of said report). i will keep playing the non modded fresh save and keep doing smithing and see what happens, will update here as i do.

have been playing for 250 minutes at the moment, had done lots of smithing and didnt crashed once. it is indeed mod related crash and the game works fine, thank you for your help.

Back
Top Bottom