Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-03-20_21.39.44_0a1841156bad57aae0b0ad539a8947d4
Summary: Whenever i start the game it crashes on startup. The game used to start and i could play i don't know when but at some point it started to crush at startup and please don't tell me to do these; I've already uninstalled and downloaded game about 4 times i already verified the game files from steam about 7 times I deleted config files and i also looked if i was missing dependencies and I'm not missing any of them, please help me don't leave this topic ignored.

it is the latest version, the thing is happening for 5 months or more.

How to Reproduce:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6140
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i-7-8750H CPU @ 2.20 GHz (12CPUs), ~2.2GHz
RAM: 8192MB RAM
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

Summary: Whenever i start the game it crashes on startup. The game used to start and i could play i don't know when but at some point it started to crush at startup and please don't tell me to do these; I've already uninstalled and downloaded game about 4 times i already verified the game files from steam about 7 times I deleted config files and i also looked if i was missing dependencies and I'm not missing any of them, please help me don't leave this topic ignored.

it is the latest version, the thing is happening for 5 months or more.

How to Reproduce:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 1060
GPU Driver Version: 27.21.14.6140
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i-7-8750H CPU @ 2.20 GHz (12CPUs), ~2.2GHz
RAM: 8192MB RAM
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD
I'm having the same issue as well. It don't even get as far as the nexus menu, it just crashes immedtiately. i've reinstalled with a clean install, no mods. drivers are up to date as well.

I'm having the same issue as well. It don't even get as far as the nexus menu, it just crashes immedtiately. i've reinstalled with a clean install, no mods. drivers are up to date as well.
Did you try launching the game from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Bannerlord.exe

Did you try launching the game from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Bannerlord.exe
so i tried that got the game to boot up in safe mode. tried again and it all seemed okay but as soon as i had my party leave the city i was in, game locke dup.

Me also just tried to boot the game up after a bit of a hiatus and It always crashes as it tries to load the main menu. I have tried 5.7, 5.8 and 5.9 all crash in the same place just to add I have also tried the entire crash check list from this site as well as other sites on the internet, making exceptions with my anti virus and turning it off entirely as well as making sure all the dependencies and drivers were up to date I have tried everything at this point and it still crashes as it tries to load the main menu.

Just in case its needed I made a crash report here's the number 2021-03-21_20.35.01_62ad0e74f748ac900109ffa8414fcd77

Me also just tried to boot the game up after a bit of a hiatus and It always crashes as it tries to load the main menu. I have tried 5.7, 5.8 and 5.9 all crash in the same place just to add I have also tried the entire crash check list from this site as well as other sites on the internet, making exceptions with my anti virus and turning it off entirely as well as making sure all the dependencies and drivers were up to date I have tried everything at this point and it still crashes as it tries to load the main menu.

Just in case its needed I made a crash report here's the number 2021-03-21_20.35.01_62ad0e74f748ac900109ffa8414fcd77
You have to open a topic for a better and stronger reply, we still don't know whether they reply or not though.

Can you try this workaround below?

Crash after the TaleWorlds Intro Video​

If you are experiencing a crash after the intro video please try this workaround
Navigate to this folder:
"SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI"
And delete “spriteData.xm”l file and try again. It is not necessary to verify the game files after this. The game will create the file again when it launched again.

Can you try this workaround below?
Wow that actually worked ha! Thanks a bunch thought my issue was the same as OP's but it does seem I was mistaken Thanks for helping me out and sorry for sort of unintentionally derailing this thread my bad.

EDIT: Tried to launch a new game and it crashed again... I got to the main menu this time though! Progress yay. I have seen other threads with this same issue so I will wait for fixes from those. Thanks again.

EDIT: Tried to launch a new game and it crashed again... I got to the main menu this time though! Progress yay. I have seen other threads with this same issue so I will wait for fixes from those. Thanks again.
Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
More info about the crash uploader tool can be found here.
Have you checked out these threads about our Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds? They can help you find a solution as well.

Were you able to see the crash uploader tool? If you can upload your crash to us we can check it out. Please don't forget to copy the Crash ID and write it here so that we can find it.
Have you checked out these threads about our Crash Checklist and Common Issues and Workarounds? They can help you find a solution as well.
I did in Kagaminerin21's thread it was more appropriate to put it there since he/she was having the same problem if the crash report ID is wrong let me know in that thread and I can make another ASAP. Thanks.

I got in the menu thank you, but seems like there is another problem. And i have to re-validate, i will post the result here thank you for help

I have been experiencing a similar (if not the same) issue. The game launches and gets to the main menu. When I click on New Game it will bring up the loading screen and then crash shortly after. The same thing happens if I click on Load Game or Continue Game. This happens regardless of whether I launch the game in "safe mode" or not. I was able to play the game just fine as recently as a couple months ago so my best guess is that it has something to do with a recent update to the game. But then again I seem to be in the minority of people experiencing this so I don't know. Really bums me out as I was really looking forward to playing and now I effectively cannot.

Below is my crash identifier from a crash log I uploaded.
2021-03-23_23.18.42_00000000000000000000000000000000

I don't think it is normal to crash directly on a new campaign. Devs are investigating the crash.
Have you tried Clean Install?
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

I don't think it is normal to crash directly on a new campaign. Devs are investigating the crash.
@MArdA TaleWorlds
I just started a thead about a crash at the end of the battle: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/crash-at-end-of-battle.441235/
After this crash, I immediately started the game again and I don't make it to any screen. It now crashes almost immediately. Here's the dump identifier from the start up crash I just experienced: 2021-03-25_23.48.31_02804907ac2d0f64fe19fdaed67c7265
After this one, I restarted my computer and tried again and it did the exact same thing. Unfortunately, I accidentally overwrote the second dump identifier.

I tried the work around you mentioned above to delete the spritedata.xml file, but I do not even have that file in the folder you told us to navigate to. So right now I can't get on the game at all.

UPDATE: I verified game files on Steam. 92 files failed to validate and were restored. I am now able to play the game.

Last edited:
Im having the same problem as soon as i start the game the launcher never opens and it just closes. no error message or anything. ive tried everything. no idea how to fix, nothing has worked

Im having the same problem as soon as i start the game the launcher never opens and it just closes. no error message or anything. ive tried everything. no idea how to fix, nothing has worked
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

Back
Top Bottom