Resolved Crash on startup after Taleworlds splashart(?)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.5
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-01-12_03.55.47_683d171af5c992d9e3c99a5de69b09b3
I start the game the launcher is totally fine and then when it gets to the ACTUAL game before the main menu I get to the Taleworlds Entertainment where the hammer hits the sword and as soon as that's over the game just crashes I've sent in the crash report and it gives me this code (2021-01-12_03.55.47_683d171af5c992d9e3c99a5de69b09b3) once it's done for if I seek help on your forums and I don't know what else to do at this point because I've uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted computer, started in safe mode, updated drivers, onedrive is disabled, windows is up to date, and when I first got the game it worked so I really don't know what could cause it.

I start the game the launcher is totally fine and then when it gets to the ACTUAL game before the main menu I get to the Taleworlds Entertainment where the hammer hits the sword and as soon as that's over the game just crashes I've sent in the crash report and it gives me this code (2021-01-12_03.55.47_683d171af5c992d9e3c99a5de69b09b3) once it's done for if I seek help on your forums and I don't know what else to do at this point because I've uninstalled and reinstalled, restarted computer, started in safe mode, updated drivers, onedrive is disabled, windows is up to date, and when I first got the game it worked so I really don't know what could cause it.
With the new update e1.5.6 I am still having the same issue and I went through the crash checklist and made sure to do it all. Just to be safe the new dump for my crash files is 2021-01-12_22.45.54_683d171af5c992d9e3c99a5de69b09b3.

Still an issue as of 1/27/2021 rather frustrated that I paid full price for a game was able to play and suddenly am no longer able to for no reason as the ONLY thing that changed was the game getting updated, windows 10 updating, and multiple graphics drivers updates (NVIDIA). It's INFURIATING because there's no explanation as to why.

Hello, we are aware of and working on this issue. Sorry for any inconveniences and thank you for your time.

If you are experiencing a crash after the intro video please try this workaround
Navigate to this folder:
"SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI"
And delete “spriteData.xm”l file and try again. It is not necessary to verify the game files after this. The game will create the file again when it launched again.

Back
Top Bottom