In Progress Scene Editor Crash on Reloading Custom Town Scene in Campaign and Custom Battle

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Modded
Summary: Been experiencing a crash for a custom town scene I made. The scene loads fine when the player first enters the town and the player is spawned in at `sp_player_outside` as usual. Everything in the town center works fine. Player can interact with npcs, npcs walk around, shops, common areas, portals etc. are where they should be and can be interacted with as expected. I can enter the keep, tavern, dungeon, and arena just fine, and those scenes load as expected, but on exiting those interior scenes, crash. In addition, if I leave the settlement and then try to re-enter, crash. The same crash happens in Custom Battles as well. In editor, the only warning I get is `Entity with physics shapes do not support non-orthogonal frames`, otherwise no warnings, and the SpawnpointDebugView shows that all the necessary entities are there for a town scene in civilian mode.
How to Reproduce
:
Play the scene I've uploaded in custom battle and campaign.
To be short, crashes happen this way:
1.) Enter the scene in civilian mode, leave by holding TAB, re-enter, crash
2.) Enter the scene in civilian mode, enter an interior scene, exit through the portal to the town center, crash
3.) Play the scene in custom battles, either win and quit or quit before the battle is over, try to play again, crash
4.) (Sometimes happens) Have the scene be the town scene for two towns. Enter the first one, leave, then enter the second one, crash

Note: The scene only has levels 1 and 2 done, so only test on those levels. Also while the necessary paths and spawn points are there for siege machines, its not intended that these be used so best to leave the siege machine slots empty in custom battles aside from the battering ram which is set up to work normally.
Specific Tool:
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

Scene uploaded to http://upload.taleworlds.com/ as longphort_1_4_4, username in description.

Last edited:
Same kind of crash happens to my castle scenes as well!
The crash occurs whenever i try to enter my castle scenes a second time, either in civilian mode or in sieges.
It crashes even if the second time i try to enter a different castle scene i made.
It happens when entering from main menu, campaign settlement menu or from the interiors as well.
Important to note that a week ago i was able to test that older castle scene without crashes, and i wasn't working on it since.
So i suspect that it's caused by something in a recent patch.
My village scenes don't have the same issue, even if i use them as castle scenes.
i hope that narrows things down a bit.

My specs:
GPU: Radeon RX 570
GPU Driver Version: 22.19.162.4
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor 3.2 GHz
RAM: 8 GB
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. B450M S2H
Storage Device : KINGSTON SUV500240G
(Scene uploaded to http://upload.taleworlds.com/, as "Levente_Castle_Scene_Crash")

Last edited:
Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
Hello!
I think i've managed to narrow down the potential causes for this problem!
After i've started working on a new scene, i tested it regularily to find out when does the crash come into the picture.
As it turns out, it starts right after adding levels to the scene. I've confirmed this by adding levels to a perfectly working village scene and reproduced this issue there. However, deleting levels afterwards doesn't remove the problem. Not sure if this helps, but that's all i got so far.

Olá!
Acho que consegui diminuir as possíveis causas desse problema!
Depois de começar a trabalhar em uma nova cena, testei-a regularmente para descobrir quando o acidente entrou em cena.
Acontece que começa logo após adicionar níveis à cena. Eu confirmei isso adicionando níveis a uma cena de vila em perfeito funcionamento e reproduzi esse problema lá. No entanto, excluir os níveis posteriormente não elimina o problema. Não tenho certeza se isso ajuda, mas é tudo o que tenho até agora.
: amar: ??

Same problem, scene works fine and brakes on leving it. I made alredy like 30 working scenes for taverns, keeps, arenas and dungeons, but never encountered this bug beforem, now I work on castle and it's just killing me.

Back
Top Bottom