In Progress Crash on ransom offer dialog for companion

Users who are viewing this thread

mydnite

Recruit
I get a game crash when trying to offer to pay a ransom for my imprisoned companion.

My companion is imprison in an fraction's castle that I'm currently at peace with. One of the lords finds me and offers to ransom my companion. Via the dialog, when trying to pay or threaten them, the game crashes. This did not happen for the first time I paid a ransom as that was successful but for every subsequent ransom crashes.

Sometimes the companion name is blank and other times it is populated.

Save game and screenshot available, and at least two crash dumps have been uploaded by the game so far.

This might also be related to the barter dialog because the game also crashed when I tried to do a deal with another lord and it crashed just before the barter interface came up.

Hello, sorry for the inconvenience. Can you please let us know the version of your game and send us the save file in which we can reproduce the issue(if the game is unmodded)? If you are using mods please delete the mod files, verify the game files and try to reproduce the issue on a new campaign. You can send the save file to me via DM or you can share the link to the file under this thread. You can also upload the screenshots and post them on this thread or send them to me directly.

I narrowed this down to the mod PreventEscape1.3.4.zip-134-1-3-4-1587301549

With all others mods disabled, I get a crash only with this mod for the prisoner barter dialog. Inversely, with all but this mod enabled my companions are able to escape so I never get the barter dialog. Doesn't mean the barter dialog is bug free though.

I'll post a bug report to the mod's bug reporter site. There may still be something there but lets see what the mod owner says.

Mod Link

Back
Top Bottom