Need More Info Crash on 'Play' through launcher. No crash report, clean reinstall won't solve it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.

Busyprog

Recruit
Summary: As soon as I press 'PLAY' in the launcher, the launcher disappears and after about a second the 'X STOP' blue button on Steam turns into the green '> PLAY' button. No Bannerlord-related task appears in the task manager after the 'BannerlordLauncher' task is closed when I press 'PLAY' in the launcher. This happens every single time I try this, except that sometimes the launcher randomly crashes by itself before I even have the chance to press 'PLAY'.

Starting the game through 'Bannerlord.exe', 'Bannerlord.Native.exe', 'Bannerlord_BE.exe', and 'Taleworlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.Singleplayer.exe' DOES work, however, yet launching the game through this method doesn't enable any mods when I install them despite enabling them through the launcher and/or Vortex. NOTE HOWEVER what I write about mods in the following 'What I've tried' section. I only have and have ever had Bannerlord installed on one and the same drive. The game and launcher have worked before on the same computer specs when I played around the launch of Early Access.

Launching the game through Vortex worked before but would give me the 'The application faced a problem. We need to collect necessary files to fix this problem. Would you like to upload these files now?' prompt as soon as I pressed 'New Campaign' or 'Sandbox' from the main menu, with or without mods enabled. I tried to reproduce this so I could upload the files, but now the game won't launch at all through Vortex either (with or without mods).

What I've tried:
  • Verified integrity of game files through Steam multiple times
  • Updated Windows to the latest version as of posting
  • Updated my GPU drivers
  • Restarted my computer multiple times
  • Allowed Bannerlord through Windows Defender firewall
  • Disabled Windows Defender firewall on all networks
  • Followed this post and run all executables except the top one that I ran last; the installer on that one said I already had another version of that program installed.
  • Disabled management of Bannerlord through Vortex and uninstalled Vortex through Windows 'Apps and functions'
  • Uninstalled the game through Steam, and then deleting the 'steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord' folder, the 'ProgramData\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord' folder, and the 'Documents\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord' folder before reinstalling the game through Steam
  • Reinstalled the game through Steam without those extra steps from the last point multiple times
  • Deleted all mods from the 'steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules' folder
  • Tested on both Main branch 1.5.9.271857 and Beta branch 1.5.10.271913
How to Reproduce: Start the game through Steam or through 'steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client\Taleworlds.MountAndBlade.Launcher.exe' and press 'PLAY' on latest Main branch 1.5.9.271857 or Beta branch 1.5.10.271913 (Probably the same issue on most if not all versions but these are the ones I've tested).

Media:
My 'steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client' folder:
YmVnOex.png

My 'steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules' folder:
ONAljFg.png

My 'Mods' tab in the launcher:
THKDBmB.png

My firewall settings for the game:
fIA55J2.png

Computer Specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon 5700XT
GPU Driver Version: 21.5.2
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: ASRock X570 Phantom Gaming 4
Storage Device: SSD

Windows defender never stopped it, although after looking at the Event Viewer there is an error everytime the launcher crashes, with the error occurring in the 'WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll' module each time. Not sure how to fix, I've recently tested this with the old version 1.4.0 with the same issue.

Hello, i will inform the QA team about the issue. Meanwhile, can you please share your Crash ID with me so i can forward it?

Hello, i will inform the QA team about the issue. Meanwhile, can you please share your Crash ID with me so i can forward it?
Hi, thanks a lot. Do you mean the codes from the Event Viewer? Event Viewer is not in English for me so I don't know which one of the codes there you might mean, I have two: 0xc0000374 and 0x00000000000ff199

If you mean something else, could you clarify? The game doesn't seem to give an option to send any kind of crash report since it crashes completely on startup.

Hi, thanks a lot. Do you mean the codes from the Event Viewer? Event Viewer is not in English for me so I don't know which one of the codes there you might mean, I have two: 0xc0000374 and 0x00000000000ff199

If you mean something else, could you clarify? The game doesn't seem to give an option to send any kind of crash report since it crashes completely on startup.
Follow these instructions to add English (USA), but make sure not to check the box "Set as my display language" and then do the below.
  1. Launch the game.
  2. After it crashes, open the program Event Viewer.
  3. On the left, expand "Windows Logs" and then "Application".
  4. All the way to the right, Click "Filter Current Log".
  5. By "Logged", choose the "Last Hour" option and hit OK.
  6. All the way to the right, Click "Save Filtered Log File As".
  7. Name the file whatever you want and hit "Save".
  8. Select "Display information for these languages:" and check the box by "English" and hit OK.
  9. Upload the file to Google Drive.

Follow these instructions to add English (USA), but make sure not to check the box "Set as my display language" and then do the below.
  1. Launch the game.
  2. After it crashes, open the program Event Viewer.
  3. On the left, expand "Windows Logs" and then "Application".
  4. All the way to the right, Click "Filter Current Log".
  5. By "Logged", choose the "Last Hour" option and hit OK.
  6. All the way to the right, Click "Save Filtered Log File As".
  7. Name the file whatever you want and hit "Save".
  8. Select "Display information for these languages:" and check the box by "English" and hit OK.
  9. Upload the file to Google Drive.
Thanks.

The file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KvLpOYRvWXpcFgRVHbiiqjTG7h9SYRsj/view?usp=sharing

I am having the same issue in Nov of 2022: Click Play, button turns blue for a few seconds and then turns back to a green Play. Tried all the tricks I can find without any luck. Game won't play even by starting it using the program in the folder instead of through Steam.

Back
Top Bottom