Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2020-11-17_21.37.20_e67e71f15935b344ff42b73fc9c77b71
Hello,

I attached dump identifier.

I saw that issue points to `Hero.CheckInvalidEquipmentsAndReplaceIfNeeded()`, so probably issue is caused by broken item in main character equipment and save can be fixed before official fix, but I have no tool for that.

Can you post a list of the mods you are using? Unfortunately, we cannot offer technical support for modded games and I cannot forward this to the developers without first making sure that mods aren't causing the problems. Please read our full statement regarding modding related issues.
Can you try removing all of your mods following the instructions on this article and try to recreate this on an unmodded new campaign?

Thanks for reply, I'd like to help you make sure that issue is related to Native Bannerlord.

> Can you post a list of the mods you are using?
AutoTrader for 1.5.4, which only effect is preparing list of goods to trade.

> Please read our full statement regarding modding related issues.
> The reason why we can't support issues that occur on modded games is that we can't debug the modifications.
Callstack for error points to function which is internal for Native Bannerlord. Crash happens when modification is disabled so this can be reproduced and debugged using only save and native version.

> Can you try removing all of your mods following the instructions on this article and try to recreate this on an unmodded new campaign?
Issue with loading save happens on clean version of Bannerlord, but about new campaign... I would like to avoid playing once again 50h to get same smiting recepis (or even more because they are assigned randomly) and combine it with skills like "1% chance to create master weapon", for couple hours like on save where I was experimenting with exploiting smiting system to get most profitable weapons.

I opened dump file from crash:

FairyTale.Library.dll!00007ff8a33ad132() Unknown
TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.dll!TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Hero.CheckInvalidEquipmentsAndReplaceIfNeeded() Unknown
TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.dll!TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.DoLoadingForGameType(TaleWorlds.Core.GameTypeLoadingStates gameTypeLoadingState, out TaleWorlds.Core.GameTypeLoadingStates nextState) Unknown
StoryMode.dll!StoryMode.CampaignStoryMode.DoLoadingForGameType(TaleWorlds.Core.GameTypeLoadingStates gameTypeLoadingState, out TaleWorlds.Core.GameTypeLoadingStates nextState) Unknown
with exception "Unhandled exception at 0x00007FF928403E49 (KERNELBASE.dll) in dump.dmp: 0xDEADFACE."

Which means that in my character inventory exists item which is invalid. If function name 'Hero.CheckInvalidEquipmentsAndReplaceIfNeeded()' reflects what function do, it is supposed to replace this item, but instead of that, it is using function from FairyTale.Library.dll which seems to use uninitialized memory, what is pointed out by specific value of 0xDEADFACE.

Regardless of whatever mod might broke, seems that function 'Hero.CheckInvalidEquipmentsAndReplaceIfNeeded()' is intended to fix invalid equipment, and not crash instead.

We are facing two issues here:
1) Broken item making crash because of error in 'Hero.CheckInvalidEquipmentsAndReplaceIfNeeded()'.
2) Something created broken item.

1) 'Hero.CheckInvalidEquipmentsAndReplaceIfNeeded()' should not crash, and crash reason can be debugged and fixed
2) broken item could be created by Bannerlord (issue in crafting) or auto trader (bugged code which shouldn't edit items). My AutoTrader config was related only consumable items so if issue 1) is caused by crafted weapon, developers can debug how it was crafted and try fix that also. If broken item is consumable, fault is in AutoTrader, but still 1) should not crash.

For fixing 1) issue developers should be fully responsible, for 2) only if item was crafted.

For me fixing 1) is enough, because I will be able to load my saves (even if code will decide to drop some items, it is better to lost couple of broken items instead of 50h gameplay save). Fixing 1) should be easy because issue is 100% reproducible just by loading game, where 2) seems to be more complex because crafting might be involved.

Edit:
Now I remember that I was also playing with native trade system: trying to sell everything, buy everything and checking how trade EXP is growing and if I can abuse any of mechanics.

Last edited:
Can you post a list of the mods you are using? Unfortunately, we cannot offer technical support for modded games and I cannot forward this to the developers without first making sure that mods aren't causing the problems. Please read our full statement regarding modding related issues.
Can you try removing all of your mods following the instructions on this article and try to recreate this on an unmodded new campaign?
Did you read my post? Can you respond if you understand circumstances and what will happen next with this report?

Can you try reproducing the same issue without the mods, if possible?
You didn't read my previous post, did you?

Issue with loading save happens also without mod. But reproducing issue with broken item in gameplay is impossible due to the circumstances of how smithing is working.

I spent 50 hours of gameplay very often using smithing which UNLOCK RANDOM parts and using perks giving effects based on PROBABILITY. I'm not able to open save to check what parts I used to create last few items. So it's not possible in finite time for me to guess what weapons parts I used and try to unlock all of them to reproduce cause of issue.

As I wrote in previous post. There are two issues: error in save loading process which is not related to any mod, and creating broken item which might be related to mod. But fix for first issue is enough.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? You can find your save file here:
C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves
You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier.
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Back
Top Bottom