Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.8
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Hey there,

when I try to load a save from my current 1.5.8 campaign the game crashes due to a ArgumentNullException when trying to access a Dictionary.

Code:
Exception information
Type: System.ArgumentNullException
Source: mscorlib
CallStack:
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.SandBox.CampaignBehaviors.CaravansCampaignBehavior.UpdateAverageValues()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.SandBox.CampaignBehaviors.CaravansCampaignBehavior.OnSessionLaunched(CampaignGameStarter campaignGameStarter)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MbEvent`1.InvokeList(EventHandlerRec`1 list, T t)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEvents.OnSessionStart(CampaignGameStarter campaignGameStarter)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEventDispatcher.OnSessionStart(CampaignGameStarter campaignGameStarter)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.OnSessionStart(CampaignGameStarter starter)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.DoLoadingForGameType(GameTypeLoadingStates gameTypeLoadingState, GameTypeLoadingStates& nextState)
at StoryMode.CampaignStoryMode.DoLoadingForGameType(GameTypeLoadingStates gameTypeLoadingState, GameTypeLoadingStates& nextState)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameType.DoLoadingForGameType()
at SandBox.CampaignGameManager.DoLoadingForGameManager(GameManagerLoadingSteps gameManagerLoadingStep, GameManagerLoadingSteps& nextStep)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.DoLoadingForGameManager()
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.GameLoadingState.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick_Patch11(Module this, Single dt)

Unfortunately I can't provide a crash dump as the game doesn't bring up the uploader. Manually starting the uploader also won't work.

Unfortunately there is no crashes folder.
Did you enable "View hidden items"?

Yes the directory was not present when I checked.
Only appeared when another crash (which I've reported already some time ago via crash uploader) occurred.

Please note that we can’t support any modding-related issues. You can find more information about how to remove modifications here and more information about what we think about issues related to modding here.
If you can reproduce the issue in a new, un-modded and verified campaign please let us know!
Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

I lost a campaign or two to this as well and overdoing mods, played a long time on the current game vanilla until I went real light on some qol mods. Dunno if you were running bannerlord tweaks but it was involved both times I lost saves, cant really point the finger at it but it is a big collection of stuff made for various game versions so it makes me kinda leery of it as tempting as some of the options are.

Hey there,

when I try to load a save from my current 1.5.8 campaign the game crashes due to a ArgumentNullException when trying to access a Dictionary.

Code:
Exception information
Type: System.ArgumentNullException
Source: mscorlib
CallStack:
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentNullException(ExceptionArgument argument)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.FindEntry(TKey key)
at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.TryGetValue(TKey key, TValue& value)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.SandBox.CampaignBehaviors.CaravansCampaignBehavior.UpdateAverageValues()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.SandBox.CampaignBehaviors.CaravansCampaignBehavior.OnSessionLaunched(CampaignGameStarter campaignGameStarter)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MbEvent`1.InvokeList(EventHandlerRec`1 list, T t)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEvents.OnSessionStart(CampaignGameStarter campaignGameStarter)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEventDispatcher.OnSessionStart(CampaignGameStarter campaignGameStarter)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.OnSessionStart(CampaignGameStarter starter)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.DoLoadingForGameType(GameTypeLoadingStates gameTypeLoadingState, GameTypeLoadingStates& nextState)
at StoryMode.CampaignStoryMode.DoLoadingForGameType(GameTypeLoadingStates gameTypeLoadingState, GameTypeLoadingStates& nextState)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameType.DoLoadingForGameType()
at SandBox.CampaignGameManager.DoLoadingForGameManager(GameManagerLoadingSteps gameManagerLoadingStep, GameManagerLoadingSteps& nextStep)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.DoLoadingForGameManager()
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.GameLoadingState.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick_Patch11(Module this, Single dt)

Unfortunately I can't provide a crash dump as the game doesn't bring up the uploader. Manually starting the uploader also won't work.
Did you try fully uninstalling all mods? What mods do you use?

I lost a campaign or two to this as well and overdoing mods, played a long time on the current game vanilla until I went real light on some qol mods. Dunno if you were running bannerlord tweaks but it was involved both times I lost saves, cant really point the finger at it but it is a big collection of stuff made for various game versions so it makes me kinda leery of it as tempting as some of the options are.
I did actually use Bannerlord Tweaks, but not in e1.5.8 as it would crash the game immediately, so this time it's not involved.

Did you try fully uninstalling all mods? What mods do you use?
Unfortunately not possible with this savegame as it has mods installed which apparently change things.
According to the exception I got a different error now, but this could be as the mods are not present which might be required to deserialisze the savegame into objects.
Here's my list of mods directly cut from LauncherData.xml: https://pastebin.com/KEvM6T0Z

@MArdA TaleWorlds I understand that mods cause much overhead in developing a game (especially Early Access), I just thought I'd share the exception here as there's no third party code involved according to the stack trace... only Microsoft .NET or TaleWorlds assemblies. (which could be a little oversight like a missing null check or something like that... been there many times at work)

Hrm the only mods that your running that I was also running when I lost saves to this are better time and better smithing and the stuff required for that.

Yes the directory was not present when I checked.
Only appeared when another crash (which I've reported already some time ago via crash uploader) occurred.
Have you ever used Bannerlord Tweaks on the save game that is crashing?

To see if the issue is the game do this:
1. Uninstall all mods.
2. Verify file integrity.
3. Make a new campaign, save it and exit the game.
4. Start the game and try to load the new campaign.

If you're able to load it, then the issue is either a mod, or a corrupted save game.

Check if there are any updates available for the mods you use.

Try disabling all mods that aren't needed to load the save game, and double check the mod developers mod Description on Nexusmods to make sure that you have the mods launching in the correct order.

On Nexusmods, go to the "Posts" and "Bugs" section of the mods that are needed to load the save game and see if anyone else is complaining about a similar issue. Someone might have posted a fix for it.

Last edited:
Hrm the only mods that your running that I was also running when I lost saves to this are better time and better smithing and the stuff required for that.
I use version 1.5.8 and have had the Better Time mod since 1.5.6 and it never caused me any issues. I never used Better Smithing because I think it writes to the save game.

I use version 1.5.8 and have had the Better Time mod since 1.5.6 and it never caused me any issues. I never used Better Smithing because I think it writes to the save game.

Better Time and Better Smithing never caused issues like the one mentioned above one in 1.5.7.
Hopefully the error will either be fixed by TaleWorlds if it's on their end or by a mod author.

Back
Top Bottom