Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, but I removed mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2022-08-22_12.06.26_d2901a8c3860e0b2241675c36b00bc99
Summary:
I have played Bannerlord in the past with mods and uninstalled it after many hours of fun.
Recently I wanted to give it another go so installed the game anew. I was interested in the 1.8.0 version so installed this first. The game crashed on launch.
Not trying to determine the problem (because this version is in Beta), I installed the 1.7.2 version. When launching, I get the same problem (crashing on launch) over and over again. I have tried multiple suggested solutions:
-disabling/deleting mods
-launching from exe, launcher or steam
-Verifying integrity of game files through steam
-Running the game as admin
-Disabling steam overlay
-Deleting CNs Folder
-updating windows/(graphic)drivers
-disabling antivirus/firewall (although not a fan of this)
-Disable third-party monitoring
-Shutting down background programs
-Uninstalling game
-deleting remaining files in steam + documents + programdata
-reinstalling 1.7.2

After all this, I still get the same error.
I have tried everything to my knowledge and I am desperate. Is there any way I can get my game to work again plz?

How to Reproduce: every launch (steam, launcher or .exe)
Have you used cheats and if so which: I have used the console cheats and some mods (not vortex) (but deleted all mods before before reinstalling)
Scene Name (if related):/
Computer Specs:Media (Screenshots & Video):/
GPU: NVIDIA G-Force RTX 2070
GPU Driver Version: 31.0.15.1664 (7/21/2022)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz 4.00 GHz
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: Maximus VIII HERO
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe Intern Solid State Drive, 1TB (for my games, OS installed on another SSD)

If you're trying to run 1.7.2 on steam still you'll have to manually delete any leftover files named language_data.xml in your modules folders that get left behind. If it still crashes after that or in 1.8.0, could you post the call stack plus a few lines before it at the end of your rgl_log?

If you're trying to run 1.7.2 on steam still you'll have to manually delete any leftover files named language_data.xml in your modules folders that get left behind. If it still crashes after that or in 1.8.0, could you post the call stack plus a few lines before it at the end of your rgl_log?
thank you for your advice.
I have deleted every single leftover piece I could find before reinstalling the 1.7.2 version and had no succes.
Could you tell me where I can find this rgl log, it does not seem to be in the main 'bannerlord file'.

thank you for your advice.
I have deleted every single leftover piece I could find before reinstalling the 1.7.2 version and had no succes.
Could you tell me where I can find this rgl log, it does not seem to be in the main 'bannerlord file'.
There's an issue with Steam in that when downversioning from 1.8.0 to 1.7.2, it doesn't remove language_data.xml, so you'll have to perform that step after reinstalling rather than before. If that doesn't help and it crashes again, the log files will be located in C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\logs

Sciohan, you have solved the problem. After deleting all the language_data files, the game booted up again without problems.
I am ever so thankful!

Back
Top Bottom