Resolved Crash on Entering Smithy

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
e1.5.3
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Everytime I enter the Smithy the game crashes, I've tried turning my mods off and it still happens, I noticed that in the recent patch notes it says that this problem has been fixed, but up until this patch I never had this happen.

Same issue for me.. This just happened recently.

In the supply screen the icons are either blacked out or showing a different picture.. like the handed weapon icon is showing the horse icon, and the horse button is blank.

Also the buttons for saving an item before selling the rest of the inventory is missing. just shows a tiny unlit square.. not a lit circle.

I grab my stash in the castle.. head to the Smith.. enter it, and automatic hard CTD. Going back to an earlier Save doesn't work.

Same issue for me.. This just happened recently.

In the supply screen the icons are either blacked out or showing a different picture.. like the handed weapon icon is showing the horse icon, and the horse button is blank.

Also the buttons for saving an item before selling the rest of the inventory is missing. just shows a tiny unlit square.. not a lit circle.

I grab my stash in the castle.. head to the Smith.. enter it, and automatic hard CTD. Going back to an earlier Save doesn't work.
The first issue is already being investigated. Are you playing with mods as well? Can you try to recreate this on an unmodded campaign? Can you send a crash dump through the crash uploader and post the crash report ID here?

I had the same issue with the saved game after upgrading from 1.5.2 (unmodded) to 1.5.4 yesterday.
Load the game, enter the smithy, crash. It says there's something about shared_crafting.tpac. :sad:
Sent the automatic crash report.

Downgraded to 1.5.3 - the crashing is gone.

I had the same issue with the saved game after upgrading from 1.5.2 (unmodded) to 1.5.4 yesterday.
Load the game, enter the smithy, crash. It says there's something about shared_crafting.tpac. :sad:
Sent the automatic crash report.

Downgraded to 1.5.3 - the crashing is gone.
You can fix that issue by following the guide below:

“.tpac” file related issues
If the game has a decompression failure problem, players can try this method:
  • Open: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\Modules\Native\AssetPackages folder.
  • The error message should have the name of a file with the file extension “.tpac”.
  • Locate and delete the file in the AssetPackages folder.
  • Verify the game files through Steam

The first issue is already being investigated. Are you playing with mods as well? Can you try to recreate this on an unmodded campaign? Can you send a crash dump through the crash uploader and post the crash report ID here?
I ran it..but forgot to copy/paste the ID number.. will do that in a minute here.

But now the flag icon is a solid blue (no icon flag mods).
In the Trading screen the icons are still scrambled as above in my post.
So I have 2 crash issues.. Will post both here.

I ran it..but forgot to copy/paste the ID number.. will do that in a minute here.

But now the flag icon is a solid blue (no icon flag mods).
In the Trading screen the icons are still scrambled as above in my post.
So I have 2 crash issues.. Will post both here.
Any mod may cause crashes, do you have any mods or community-made language patches installed?

Jesus let me do y’all’s job for you, this problem IS SOLVED by literally deleting the entire asset packages folder in modules>native and then verifying. It’s amazing how this issue still exists in your buggy game despite you LISTING this as solved in the latest patch notes. Your welcome, tale worlds I expect $200 for my time and services again yall are welcome

Back
Top Bottom