Resolved Crash during siege

Users who are viewing this thread

ok I tried running through the whole battle (I had just been seeing if it loaded) and same for me: crashing during battle on reinforcements.

Are you guys using custom banners and/or bear my banner? one or both during testing?

edit: nevermind, that's not it

Last edited:
Same here, already tried turning it off thinking maybe it was the problem. Custom battles work fine at 1000 battle size ( and my computer didn't explode )

so it works if you set battle size in options to 1000 troops, so that there are no spawing troop mid game?

I seem to be experiencing the same issue, running game version e1.3.1. The battle is between two armies 1435 vs 943.

I have tried reducing the number of units in battle to 200, which allows me to load the battle. However, once the reinforcements start entering the battle and get to around 1000 total units (even if only 200ish are alive) the game crashes with the same error message that the OP posted a screenshot of.

I have even tried to "send troops" for the auto-resolve and that causes the game to crash almost immediately after clicking the send troops button. The error message is slightly different when auto resolving but the scoreboard call is still in the error message stack.

I have tried disabling all mods, except community patch. I have also verified the integrity of the game files using steam. Both to no avail.

Error message when manually fighting the battle:
1. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection.Scoreboard.SPScoreboardStatsVM..ctor(TextObject name)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection.Scoreboard.SPScoreboardUnitVM..ctor(BasicCharacterObject character)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection.Scoreboard.SPScoreboardPartyVM.GetUnit(BasicCharacterObject character)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection.Scoreboard.SPScoreboardPartyVM.UpdateScores(BasicCharacterObject character, Int32 numberRemaining, Int32 numberDead, Int32 numberWounded, Int32 numberRouted, Int32 numberKilled, Int32 numberReadyToUpgrade)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection.Scoreboard.SPScoreboardSideVM.UpdateScores(IBattleCombatant battleCombatant, BasicCharacterObject character, Int32 numberRemaining, Int32 numberDead, Int32 numberWounded, Int32 numberRouted, Int32 numberKilled, Int32 numberReadyToUpgrade)
at SandBox.ViewModelCollection.SPScoreboardVM.TroopNumberChanged(BattleSideEnum side, IBattleCombatant battleCombatant, BasicCharacterObject character, Int32 number, Int32 numberDead, Int32 numberWounded, Int32 numberRouted, Int32 numberKilled, Int32 numberReadyToUpgrade)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.BattleObserverMissionLogic.OnAgentBuild(Agent agent, Banner banner)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Mission.SpawnAgent(AgentBuildData agentBuildData, Boolean spawnFromAgentVisuals, Int32 formationTroopCount)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Mission.SpawnTroop(IAgentOriginBase troopOrigin, Boolean isPlayerSide, Boolean hasFormation, Boolean spawnWithHorse, Boolean isReinforcement, Boolean enforceSpawningOnInitialPoint, Int32 formationTroopCount, Int32 formationTroopIndex, Boolean isAlarmed, Boolean wieldInitialWeapons, Boolean forceDismounted, String specialActionSet, Nullable`1 initFrame)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.MissionAgentSpawnLogic.MissionSide.SpawnTroops(Int32 number, Boolean isReinforcement, Boolean enforceSpawningOnInitialPoint)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.MissionAgentSpawnLogic.BattleSizeSpawnTick()
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Mission.OnTick(Single dt, Single realDt, Boolean updateCamera)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.MissionState.TickMission(Single realDt)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.MissionState.OnTick(Single realDt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.Game.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.DotNet.Managed.ApplicationTick(Single dt)
at DMD<DMD<Managed_ApplicationTick_Patch1>?15042842::Managed_ApplicationTick_Patch1>(Single dt)

Error message when auto-resolving the battle:
1. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection.Scoreboard.SPScoreboardStatsVM..ctor(TextObject name)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection.Scoreboard.SPScoreboardUnitVM..ctor(BasicCharacterObject character)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection.Scoreboard.SPScoreboardPartyVM.GetUnit(BasicCharacterObject character)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection.Scoreboard.SPScoreboardPartyVM.UpdateScores(BasicCharacterObject character, Int32 numberRemaining, Int32 numberDead, Int32 numberWounded, Int32 numberRouted, Int32 numberKilled, Int32 numberReadyToUpgrade)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.ViewModelCollection.Scoreboard.SPScoreboardSideVM.UpdateScores(IBattleCombatant battleCombatant, BasicCharacterObject character, Int32 numberRemaining, Int32 numberDead, Int32 numberWounded, Int32 numberRouted, Int32 numberKilled, Int32 numberReadyToUpgrade)
at SandBox.ViewModelCollection.SPScoreboardVM.TroopNumberChanged(BattleSideEnum side, IBattleCombatant battleCombatant, BasicCharacterObject character, Int32 number, Int32 numberDead, Int32 numberWounded, Int32 numberRouted, Int32 numberKilled, Int32 numberReadyToUpgrade)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapEventSide.AllocateTroops(Int32 number, Boolean includePlayer)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapEvent.SimulateBattleSetup()
at SandBox.ViewModelCollection.SPScoreboardVM.Initialize(IMissionScreen missionScreen, Mission mission, Action releaseSimulationSources, Action`1 onToggle)
at SandBox.GauntletUI.BattleSimulationGauntletView.CreateLayout()
at SandBox.View.Map.MapScreen.AddMapView[T](Object[] parameters)
at SandBox.View.Map.MapScreen.TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.IMapStateHandler.OnBattleSimulationStarted(BattleSimulation battleSimulation)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.SandBox.GameMenusCallbacks.game_menu_encounter_win_on_consequence(MenuCallbackArgs args)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameMenus.GameMenu.RunOnInit(Game game, MenuContext menuContext)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MenuContext.HandleStates()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameMenus.GameMenu.SwitchToMenu(String menuId)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameMenus.GameMenuOption.RunConsequence(MenuContext menuContext)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at TaleWorlds.Library.Common.InvokeWithLog(MethodInfo methodInfo, Object obj, Object[] args)
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.Data.GauntletView.OnCommand(String command, Object[] args)
at System.Action`3.Invoke(T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3)
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.Widget.EventFired(String eventName, Object[] args)
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.ButtonWidget.HandleClick()
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.ButtonWidget.OnMouseReleased()
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.EventManager.MouseUp()
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.UIContext.UpdateInput(InputType handleInputs)
at TaleWorlds.Engine.Screens.ScreenManager.Update()
at TaleWorlds.Engine.Screens.ScreenManager.Tick(Single dt)
at DMD<DMD<ScreenManager_Tick_Patch1>?64579784::ScreenManager_Tick_Patch1>(Single dt)
1.1. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapEventSide.AllocateTroops(Int32 number, Boolean includePlayer)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MapEvent.SimulateBattleSetup()
at SandBox.ViewModelCollection.SPScoreboardVM.Initialize(IMissionScreen missionScreen, Mission mission, Action releaseSimulationSources, Action`1 onToggle)
at SandBox.GauntletUI.BattleSimulationGauntletView.CreateLayout()
at SandBox.View.Map.MapScreen.AddMapView[T](Object[] parameters)
at SandBox.View.Map.MapScreen.TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.IMapStateHandler.OnBattleSimulationStarted(BattleSimulation battleSimulation)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.SandBox.GameMenusCallbacks.game_menu_encounter_win_on_consequence(MenuCallbackArgs args)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameMenus.GameMenu.RunOnInit(Game game, MenuContext menuContext)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MenuContext.HandleStates()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameMenus.GameMenu.SwitchToMenu(String menuId)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameMenus.GameMenuOption.RunConsequence(MenuContext menuContext)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at TaleWorlds.Library.Common.InvokeWithLog(MethodInfo methodInfo, Object obj, Object[] args)
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.Data.GauntletView.OnCommand(String command, Object[] args)
at System.Action`3.Invoke(T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3)
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.Widget.EventFired(String eventName, Object[] args)
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.ButtonWidget.HandleClick()
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.ButtonWidget.OnMouseReleased()
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.EventManager.MouseUp()
at TaleWorlds.GauntletUI.UIContext.UpdateInput(InputType handleInputs)
at TaleWorlds.Engine.Screens.ScreenManager.Update()
at TaleWorlds.Engine.Screens.ScreenManager.Tick(Single dt)
at DMD<DMD<ScreenManager_Tick_Patch1>?64579784::ScreenManager_Tick_Patch1>(Single dt)

hey guys, just wanted to chime is as well that i've been getting the same crash but on during sieges. Playing with mods, and everything is up to date to 1.3.1 as far as i know. But following the fixes that your guys have tried. I was able to finally get into the battle field and also finish the whole fight. It was at Usanc Castle, 516 vs 161. not a very big battle, but with my battle sizer maxed at 100. it was always getting that crash, i tried it at 500 and same thing. so lastly i put the graphics to low and the battle sizer to 200 and it worked out fine. I'm not saying it's always going to work as i'll have to try it out on a bigger siege battle (Tho i've had 1000+ unit land battles that worked out fine prior to this siege battle). but it worked for now. hopefully an update somewhere will fix it.

modlib
buy patrols
diplomacy fixes
fighting together
better lords
accompany
bannerlord tweaks
kaoses party size
dynaculture
killbandits
sound the alarm
clanarmy
community patch
loot overhaul
yet another party organizer

Hi all, as we have notified earlier we can not offer support for the modded games. If you can reproduce the problem after removing the mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files please let us know.

Hi all, as we have notified earlier we can not offer support for the modded games. If you can reproduce the problem after removing the mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files please let us know.
Thats fair, mods do add some changing things to the files that wouldn't be on the base game. Thank you for the reply! Loving 1.4.1 at the moment. Patiently waiting for my favorite mods to update again so I can stress over crashes haha.

As the asked information was not provided within 2 weeks, this thread is marked as solved. If the issue still continues, please update this thread.

Back
Top Bottom