CRASH ! CRASH ! I've had a gut full of this game..

Users who are viewing this thread

Who's doing the System testing on this game ?? ... "Wot's system testing ? "

2021-08-21_04.09.56_632d75e3d3908a5474fabf6dc9269081

I have a strong feeling people aren't testing properly bug fixes .... in fact, I suspect the whole "Conspiracy" quest coding needs to be reviewed by senior developer.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing the dump. This seems to be a relatively new issue (first recorded with 1.6.2). Something appears to be going wrong for your game when parties are selling their prisoners. We will look into it.

relatively new issue (first recorded with 1.6.2). Something appears to be going wrong for your game when parties are selling their prisoners.
Lol k, it's not a new issue with 1.6.2; it's been going on since at least 1.6.0 and probably 1.5.10

Reproduction Steps: play the game for a while (an in-game year or so, but I just had it happen about 6 months in), then open up the Party/Prisoners screen and then leave it. For extra credit, see if you can find the crash when it loads the tavern people!

Logs indicate the crash is when it finishes disposing of the Party screen. (I'm usually heavily modded, but I just started a new 1.6.2 and was horrified the crash hadn't stopped yet)

Lol k, it's not a new issue with 1.6.2; it's been going on since at least 1.6.0 and probably 1.5.10

Reproduction Steps: play the game for a while (an in-game year or so, but I just had it happen about 6 months in), then open up the Party/Prisoners screen and then leave it. For extra credit, see if you can find the crash when it loads the tavern people!

Logs indicate the crash is when it finishes disposing of the Party screen. (I'm usually heavily modded, but I just started a new 1.6.2 and was horrified the crash hadn't stopped yet)
This particular set of dumps appears with 1.6.2 only. It happens on settlement entered and in the behavior that handles the parties selling prisoners. From what I can tell anyways.

Thanks for sharing the dump. This seems to be a relatively new issue (first recorded with 1.6.2). Something appears to be going wrong for your game when parties are selling their prisoners. We will look into it.

No, No, no !! When the Conspiracy Caravan enters the city of Phycaon, the game crashes. This would have been obvious ...IF .. it was tested properly..

I was able to bypass the crash by intercepting the caravan before it entered the city. Once caravan was destroyed, game worked ok.

Please, please, please play the game and test for bugs especially the Conspiracy Quest.

Last edited:
The dump id you shared is associated with the following
Code:
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.SandBox.CampaignBehaviors.PartiesSellPrisonerCampaignBehavior.OnSettlementEntered
Having said that, the proper investigation will reveal the details of the crash. (Could be the conspiracy caravan having trouble with selling prisoners, for instance.) We do have tasks (and dumps) for other conspiracy related issues as well.

No, No, no !! When the Conspiracy Caravan enters the city of Phycaon, the game crashes. This would have been obvious ...IF .. it was tested properly..
Oh come on, they're expected to test the main quest line? That's' cruel and unusual. I wish we could remove the later part (after siblings rescued)and revisit the idea of a main quest later with something more informative and interesting.

This particular set of dumps appears with 1.6.2 only. It happens on settlement entered and in the behavior that handles the parties selling prisoners. From what I can tell anyways.
Cool, I'm glad all the crashes are fixed.

Meanwhile I can make it crash if I hit ESC at the wrong time during loading your splash screen.

(Mods have the decency to throw exceptions, while you've helpfully, during early access, "encountered a problem")

Example crash. I entered the town. You can see the menus TRYING to slide in and the crash notification:

FyX5QYI.jpg

If you share the dump ID for it, I can provide you information as to the nature of the crash and the status of the issue (just like with the other one). If you do not have an ID, you can also share the topic where this was reported in tech support. It can be identified through that as well.

If you share the dump ID for it, I can provide you information as to the nature of the crash and the status of the issue (just like with the other one). If you do not have an ID, you can also share the topic where this was reported in tech support. It can be identified through that as well.
Allow me the opportunity to apologize for my attitude, and to compliment yours.

My situation, however, is that I have the impression that a Mods-heavy dump is going right to the end of the line. "Play without mods!" I would rather be able to diagnose the crashes better. The crash logs indicate "disposing of scene" and then... a blank line. That is, if I had an idea as to the source of the issue, I'd be looking there as opposed to the forums.

Again, sorry for being short, and thanks for your time. We all have the same goal here, methinks.

Allow me the opportunity to apologize for my attitude, and to compliment yours.
Appreciate it. I know we can all grow frustrated at time.

My situation, however, is that I have the impression that a Mods-heavy dump is going right to the end of the line. "Play without mods!" I would rather be able to diagnose the crashes better. The crash logs indicate "disposing of scene" and then... a blank line. That is, if I had an idea as to the source of the issue, I'd be looking there as opposed to the forums.
I see. Well, I would still be happy to provide you with said information, if you share the dump ID with me. We have discussed and will look into providing additional information in the modding tool client.

Appreciate it. I know we can all grow frustrated at time.

I see. Well, I would still be happy to provide you with said information, if you share the dump ID with me. We have discussed and will look into providing additional information in the modding tool client.
2021-08-23_17.07.44_4e63b682f04ac5fcc98ba98ec86416ee

I can generate these almost at-will, unfortunately. Sometimes I load up, hit P, and then leaving Party screen crashes instantly. This one is just leaving Pen Cannoc. 1.6.2beta.

Note: If it can be shown that a mod is causing this, it's good-bye mod! However, I've been pretty vigilant about removing and retesting mods, and this problem persists in every configuration I've tried.

Back
Top Bottom