v1.1.0.
Platform
Xbox Series X
Game mode
Sandbox
Graphics mode
Performance
Summary: on Xbox Series X, v1.1.0

So I joined Sturgia as a Mercenary. I have not become a vassal of Sturgia. The town of Seonon rebelled against Sturgia so I was allowed to lay siege to the town.

After starting the siege, i was in the middle of building siege catapults and a Sturgia lord took over the siege, however i kept control of building the siege equipment but i no longer had the ability to actually attack the town as i was no longer the leader of the siege apparently.

i finished building all the catapults and started placing them from reserves so they could destroy the enemy catapults and walls.

After fully destroying the catapults and walls i noticed that the ai now leading the siege would not actually attack the town, I waited 7 in game days and nights and it wouldn't initiate an attack.

the town had no siege equipment, it had both walls broken, and was already fully starved out and the garrison had died from starvation. But the ai wouldn't attack the town and I couldn't press the attack button.

So i decided to leave the siege, waited a day in the world map then attack the town again, which the ai was still besieging, this allowed me to help the ai and initiate an attack with my party, but right when I hit confirm to start an attack finally, the game immedietly crashed, dashboarding me.
How to Reproduce: as a mercenary try to besiege a rebel town, let an ai lord take over the siege, it will never attack the settlement, so leave the siege entirely, wait a day on the world map, then initiate an attack on the town to help the ai with the siege.
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):

I want to clarify that after posting this, I loaded my game back up, I make a manual save before starting a siege so I successfully reloaded my save right before besieging Seonon again.

I was able to perfectly replicate the above summary. I hit the siege button. I begin making catapults, half way thru making and putting catapults into reserve an ai lord from Sturgia with an army takes over the siege so I can no longer initiate an attack, but I still have control over making and sending out catapults from reserve. I send out all the siege equipment and destroy the enemy catapults and walls. The ai just never chooses to initiate the actual siege/attack to take over the town

So I leave the siege, then try to rejoin the siege to help the attack, which gives me the option to attack, but when I hit attack it instantly full crashes the game back to my xbox dashboard.

So I'm physically not able to siege a town, as a mercenary at least afaik, if an ai lord takes over my siege, then I can't even participate I just have to leave because it causes a crash trying to get the game to actually start the town attack rather than sit there sieging for the next 10 years.

I want to clarify that after posting this, I loaded my game back up, I make a manual save before starting a siege so I successfully reloaded my save right before besieging Seonon again.

I was able to perfectly replicate the above summary. I hit the siege button. I begin making catapults, half way thru making and putting catapults into reserve an ai lord from Sturgia with an army takes over the siege so I can no longer initiate an attack, but I still have control over making and sending out catapults from reserve. I send out all the siege equipment and destroy the enemy catapults and walls. The ai just never chooses to initiate the actual siege/attack to take over the town

So I leave the siege, then try to rejoin the siege to help the attack, which gives me the option to attack, but when I hit attack it instantly full crashes the game back to my xbox dashboard.

So I'm physically not able to siege a town, as a mercenary at least afaik, if an ai lord takes over my siege, then I can't even participate I just have to leave because it causes a crash trying to get the game to actually start the town attack rather than sit there sieging for the next 10 years.
This is happening to me too but I'm on xbox one S

Forwarded to the QA team for further investigation. We will reach out again if we need more information. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!
I'd like to add that I've narrowed down the crashing based on a new experience today. It seems to have nothing to do with me being a mercenary or even me starting a siege.

Today I decided to fully become a vassal of Sturgia, the ai declared war on Vlandia and i chose to join an ai army to gain some influence via battle.

The ai decided to start besieging the castle Llanoc Hen Castle and I was originally part of the army so I was going to let the ai start the fight. However as I noticed enemy Lord's gathering nearby I chose to leave the besiegement and attack the lords so they wouldn't gather a full army against mine.

After I finished those battles I went back to rejoin the besiegement, and I waited approx. One day while the ai built a ram, then the ai initiated the siege and I was provided the option to attack or leave, and when I pressed the button to attack my game immedietly crashed me back to the dashboard. Unfortunately this time I hadn't manually saved so I lost near 30 minutes of play time to the last auto save.

So currently ANY ai initiated siege that I join, if I choose to help in the assault it crashes my game. I cannot partake in any siege that I do not initiate myself. This is now an issue on the new version 1.1.1

I have been having this issue as well on the series X since the update.
I had an 1800 strong Sturgian army besieging a castle, it was joined by another 450 strong Sturgian army before the siege camp was fully built, once built I had no option to launch the siege, I could continue building siege equipment but the second army leader who joined was in charge but did not have the agency to launch the attack while i was there even when the walls were destroyed! Soon as i left the siege and returned to it the second army leader launched the attack, I did not get bugger all because it did not recognise me as the siege leader.

This also happened when I was besieging a castle as my party only, an army joined in and i lost control of launching the siege and it invalidated the quest i had to take the castle for my king.

Back
Top Bottom