Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.

GoingBig

Recruit
Need help with the issue of crashing before main menu. I get past two loading screens and then right when the 3rd happens i crash. Unable to even start a new game. I have verified files and did a fresh install. Help is appreciated.

Thank you

2021-02-15_19.39.49_e9f342e09e580145acb231d6f5aa8c51

I believe this is it. please let me know if there's anything else i can do.

Have you tried this?
If you are experiencing a crash after the intro video please try this workaround
Navigate to this folder:
"SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI"
And delete “spriteData.xm”l file and try again. It is not necessary to verify the game files after this. The game will create the file again when it launched again.

Can you try a clean install? There might be some corrupt XML files that crashes the game.
Clean Install
The clean install is removing every single game-related file from your computer and installing the game again. Why do you need to remove the game while you just want to remove the modifications? Unfortunately, some of the modifications do not just add a new modules folder but also change or adds contents to the existent modules folder. Without a reinstall, we can't be sure those files are unchanged.

To perform a Clean Install, Uninstall the game. You can do that by right-clicking the game on Steam Library and selecting Delete Local Content. Delete all folders related to the game that remains after the uninstallation. The folders that might have files inside:
Steam: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
Epic: C:\Program Files\Epic Games\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord
C:\ProgramData\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord

Note: You'll need to allow Windows to display hidden folders and files to see the ProgramData folder and its contents.

I have. game takes me about 20 hours to install so trying my best to not to have too. but if that's my only option let me know. Thank you.

You can backup the game on Steam and install from there to ease up the process. We don't have any other way that we can be sure the game files are not corrupted, sadly.

Were you able to play before? Or you were never able to launch the game before after your purchase?
If you are experiencing a crash after the intro video please try this workaround:
Navigate to this folder:
"SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\GUI\GauntletUI"
And delete “spriteData.xm”l file and try again. It is not necessary to verify the game files after this. The game will create the file again when it launched again.
Have you tried to launch the game through Native.exe? If not, can you try and check if its still crashing?
Try launching the game through Bannerlord.Native.exe. But, you will need to launch the game through the command line prompt.

Firstly, through the file explorer, you need to navigate into the 'steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client' which can be found through the Steam installation folder. Then you need to type cmd to the Path Bar in that folder. A terminal should pop up, then you need to enter
"Bannerlord.exe /singleplayer _MODULES_*Native*SandBoxCore*CustomBattle*Sandbox*StoryMode*_MODULES_ /anticheat"
command and press enter. This will open the game without the launcher.

i followed 'steamapps\common\Mount & Blade II Bannerlord\bin\Win64_Shipping_Client' and the found Bannerlord.Native.exe and clicked it (not sure if thats what i was ment to do) and it worked and i can know select singleplayer or mulitplayer

Back
Top Bottom