Need More Info Crash at unavoidable NPC Start

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: After the starting cutscene and after the character creation piece, the game loads you into speaking to the NPC at the Training Grounds. Within 3 seconds of the training grounds scene, my entire computer freezes and I cannot continue onward. I am forced to do a full hard shut down. I did not have this problem before. I have gone through the following troubleshooting steps:
•Verify Game Files
•Uninstall Game, reinstall
•Delete every single Bannerlord 2 file on my computer before reinstalling (documents, steam folder as well)
•I have 0 mods or cheats and have never used any, as far as I recall.
•I have been able to play the game previously, though that was at least mid last year or even prior to that (202 hours total).

Benchmarks work with no issue, multiplayer battles work with no issue. NPC Interaction at the very beginning instantly freezes and crashes my entire computer.
How to Reproduce: Click New Game, skip cutscene, build character, choose perks, choose name, choose difficulty, enter training grounds automatically, begin first line of interaction with NPC, freeze/crash.
Have you used cheats and if so which: None
Scene Name (if related): N/A
Media (Screenshots & Video): I cannot easily record as I cannot stop the recording prior to the system stopping crash.
Computer Specs:
GPU: EVGA RTX 3090
GPU Driver Version: Nvidia 512.15 as well as 511.79 most recently tested
CPU: I9-9900K
RAM: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB (x2 16GB)
Motherboard: ASRock Taichi Ultimate Z390
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): Tried 3 - Samsung Evo M.2 500GB, Corsair M.2 1TB, WD Black 7200 2TB

Hey, i will inform the devs about the issue. Meanwhile, can you please share your save with me file via ticket? And please let me know if the issue is persistent with any other NPC, you can start a sandbox game to skip the tutorial.

Hey there thanks for the quick reply. I actually deleted all my saves as well and have no current saves. I'll give it a go in sandbox and reply with the results of NPC interactions there as well. It'll be a couple of hours before I'm back in front my system.

Sandbox works perfectly. I have no issues entering towns and interacting with NPCs there, either via the map interface to talk or by walking through the town.

Hey, thank you for the response. Can you please create a new campaign and send me the save file if the issue persists in that campaign as well? Unfortunately, without the Crash ID or a save file we can reproduce the issue, we can not look more into the problem. To send us a ticket, please visit the www.taleworlds.com site and login to your forum account from the top right. Click to "My Account" and then click to "My Open Tickets". You can create a ticket there and include the save file and as well as the forum link of this thread. You can find more info about how to upload files to us with the new ticketing system here. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Hello there, I'll submit the save file via the ticket for my current Sandbox game. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to stop the Campaign launch before it crashes my entire system. Also, our names have changed?

Hey, the names are the april fools joke of our team :grin: If the problem does not occur in the sandbox we can not inspect the issue on the sandbox save file. Can you please create a campaign save file and send it to me? And i can see that you have tried multiple steps for the issue, but please have a look at our crashchecklist and common workarounds list to see if there is any step you have not tried yet.

Hi there! Are you still encountering this issue in the latest version, please let us know. Best regards!

Back
Top Bottom