Version number
e1.8.1
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2022-10-05_16.12.54_9f60d7405d7a1773e46de9147727ab13
I have problem similar to this one: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/crash-on-certain-in-game-date-time.419259/

Summary: My game crashes consistently at a specific moment / event. I have saved the game only seconds away from the crash. Everytime I load this game, only a few seconds in-game time need to elapse to get the game to crash. If I load an older save game, it takes a little longer, so it seems like a specific time or event is the cause.
How to Reproduce: I just elapse time e.g. by traveling on the world map, until a decision notification (vote for peace or something, I cannot tell) pops up.
Edit (06-10-2022 12:34): I am not sure the notification is the problem. I tried reproducing again with BetterExceptionWindow, and I was able to pause right after the decision (the decision was for the ownership of a town).
Have you used cheats and if so which: -
Scene Name (if related): World map
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU: Radeon RX 5700 XT (Power Color Red Dragon)
GPU Driver Version: 22.5.1
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB
Motherboard: ASRock Fatal1ty B450 Gaming ITX/ac
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): NVMe SSD

I tried to unload all mods, but that does not help. (Except for Couchable Cataphracts, which I cannot unload)

Last edited:
No. I am using the following mods:
  • BasicFixes (and therefore Harmony)
  • CouchableCataphracts
  • ScoutingMovmentSpeed
  • AttributePerLevelWithFocus
  • Birth and Death Options
Could you post the call stack from rgl_log, plus 10 or so lines leading up to it? If it ends up including a bunch of unknown function entries then don't bother and reproduce it with BetterExceptionWindow instead.

Could you post the call stack from rgl_log, plus 10 or so lines leading up to it? If it ends up including a bunch of unknown function entries then don't bother and reproduce it with BetterExceptionWindow instead.
There were indeed unknown function entries. Is the following info sufficient?

Reasons​

Source: TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Inner exception​

Source: No module
No inner exception was thrown

Callstacks​

Inner exception callstack:No inner exception was thrown
Outer exception callstack:
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CharacterDevelopment.DefaultSkillLevelingManager.OnHeroHealedWhileWaiting(MobileParty mobileParty, Int32 healingAmount)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Hero.HealByAmountInternal(PartyBase party, Int32 healingAmount, Boolean addXp)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignBehaviors.PartyHealCampaignBehavior.HealHeroes(MobileParty mobileParty, Single& heroesHealingValue)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignBehaviors.PartyHealCampaignBehavior.TryHealOrWoundParty(MobileParty mobileParty, Boolean isCheckingForPlayerRelatedParty)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignBehaviors.PartyHealCampaignBehavior.OnQuarterDailyPartyTick(MobileParty mobileParty)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.MbEvent`1.InvokeList(EventHandlerRec`1 list, T t)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEvents.QuarterDailyPartyTick(MobileParty mobileParty)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignEventDispatcher.QuarterDailyPartyTick(MobileParty party)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignPeriodicEventManager.PeriodicTicker`1.PeriodicTickSome(Double timeUnitsElapsed)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.CampaignPeriodicEventManager.TickPeriodicEvents()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.Campaign.Tick()
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameState.MapState.OnMapModeTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.CampaignSystem.GameState.MapState.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameStateManager.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.Game.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.Core.GameManagerBase.OnTick(Single dt)
at TaleWorlds.MountAndBlade.Module.OnApplicationTick_Patch1(Module this, Single dt)

I found this thread: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/game-crashing-while-moving-in-map-pls-help.454078

I will try that fix.

Edit (6-10-2022 12:47): OnHeroHealedWhileWaitingWorkAround seems to be the "fix" for my problem. Thanks @Sciohan for helping!
Glad you found that fix, mind if I ask if you were playing story mode and had a named character in your party with no encyclopedia entry and had a dismissal arrow next to them in the party screen like a common troop? Only seen it once outside people running ServeAsSoldier and they had some weird bugged character in their party somehow while playing completely unmodded.

I am marking this thread as resolved. Reason is it is happened on a modded game. If you believe this issue is related to our code please reproduce the crash again on an unmodded campaign. Thank you!

Glad you found that fix, mind if I ask if you were playing story mode and had a named character in your party with no encyclopedia entry and had a dismissal arrow next to them in the party screen like a common troop? Only seen it once outside people running ServeAsSoldier and they had some weird bugged character in their party somehow while playing completely unmodded.
Every named character in my party has an entry and no dismissal arrow. I was traveling with a bunch of named prisoners, but for each of them I could see the encyclopedia entry.

I am marking this thread as resolved. Reason is it is happened on a modded game. If you believe this issue is related to our code please reproduce the crash again on an unmodded campaign. Thank you!
By "unmodded" do you mean no mods loaded at all during the entire campaign? Or just no mods loaded while the error occurred?

Back
Top Bottom