Resolved Crash at 1st load screen - Get sound but black screen and crash

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Summary: Every time I try to start the game, I get a black screen but can heard the anvil intro scene and then it crashed with the crash dialogue pop up. On the 2 days ago I installed the modding kit on steam and I got numerous error messages pop up as I tried to launch for the first time. It loaded and worked okay. When I tried to play the normal Bannerlord game, it noticed lots of stutters and graphics glitching that were not present before the install of the modding kid. Today I deleted the modding kit thinking it would clear up the issues, but now my game will not load not matter what I do. I have tried deleting the CN folder, fresh install of Bannerlord, fresh install of steam AND Bannerlord, updating all drivers, system restore from before this issue was happening and nothing has worked. I'm truly stuck!
How to Reproduce: Happens every time I load the game.
Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
GPU:
GPU Driver Version:
CPU:
RAM:
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):

I re-downloaded the modding kit and updated it to the matching version of the game (1.6.2) and it gave me a bunch of error messages again and crashed. Then when I reloaded, it worked like nothing happened. I have no clue what was going on, but apparently I had mismatching versions from modding kit and it royal screwed my main game. 6+ hours wasted on that issue, but it's resolved now.

Back
Top Bottom