[crash] Assertion Failed (630)

Users who are viewing this thread

wanderlust13 said:
it has been happening to me also, mostly in the server select screen...  however, someone else posted a possible fix that seems to help me somewhat.  In the initial configuration window that first pops up when you run the game, force it to run in single threading mode, or do it manually in the task manager by setting affinity to one core.  I have a dual core opteron cpu and this let's me at least join a game, although then i will usually crash within 5-10 minutes.

Actually that helps little bit, I think, but occasional popup to windows still appear, and ruins the chance to enjoy the game and expecially, to survive. :grin:

__Khanate__ said:
wanderlust13 said:
it has been happening to me also, mostly in the server select screen...  however, someone else posted a possible fix that seems to help me somewhat.  In the initial configuration window that first pops up when you run the game, force it to run in single threading mode, or do it manually in the task manager by setting affinity to one core.  I have a dual core opteron cpu and this let's me at least join a game, although then i will usually crash within 5-10 minutes.

Actually that helps little bit, I think, but occasional popup to windows still appear, and ruins the chance to enjoy the game and expecially, to survive. :grin:

Yes, i agree, it only let's me play for a few minutes before it crashes, but at least i can join a game, when without the single core "fix" i usually can't even get past the server select screen.  I also tried doing the "hint fix" that someone else posted, which involves going into /program files/mount & blade warband/languages/en/hints.csv , opening it and adding in the hint that you had that made you crash, for example if you got a hint = 0 error, you would add in a hint for 0, in the same format as the other hints.  This "fix" did not change anything for me, as I keep getting hint 0 errors when I try to push ignore after getting assertion errored.

assertionfailedagain.png

Don´t even understand whats crucial there is missing, because the game still works 100% for me if I press ignore. Pressing retry crashes the game.

mexxico said:
Are all these (value >= min_value) assertions occured in siege mod? (map : castle 2?)

Can you please report with map/mod information?

It seems pretty random to me. I've had it on few occasions on multiplayer and even on quick battle.

I want to explode some heads with my fighting pick, but my head explodes on this assertion failed- issue. Right now it is nagging about it in every other second so it is now unplayable.

Well, back to Empire Total War then.

:arrow:

I have had the error on battle, deathmatch, siege, team deathmatch, and on the server select screen.  The most I have been able to play since .625 is 8-10 minutes and that was only one time.

This crash still comes up in 0.633:

Assertion failed!

File: e:\develop\mbexp\program\src\mission.h
Line: 4813

Expression: mission_objects.is_valid_index(mob_no)

I get pretty much the same thing, only mine says:
Assertion failed!

Program: ...
File:..\mbnet\mbnet_peer.cpp
Line:12

Expression: num_outgoing_packets < MAX_NUM_PACKETS

For information on how your program can cause an assertion failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the appliation - JIT must be enabled)

Any ideas? It's a bit annoying, I can't play Warband.  :sad:

EDIT: Oh yes, this happened when i tried to get the server list. About two seconds after i click the "Start Search" button it crashes.

Back
Top Bottom