Resolved Crash after marriage conclusion bartering.

Users who are viewing this thread

I've taken a long time between convincing Phaea to marry me in a second new game and actually going to speak to her father and conclude our marriage.
My first game's wife was also Phaea, but this time, after a few updates, whenever I try to talk to her father, Crotor, inside of Lycaron.

After a make a successful bartering of her betrothal, the game freezes instantly as I press "gift" on the bartering window and crashes.
I'm already at day 229, before forming a kingdom but after conquering my first and second castles.
I'm at war with the Norther Empire,and she is a part of the Southern Empire.
I own Hertogea and Nideon.

I tried to load a slightly earlier save but the same still happens.
I walked all the way to where Phaea was in the map and when I bartered with her for "something that benefits us both, in her barter option there was also a "Phaea to marry Thors", and trying to only barter with Crotor also appears that, yet it doesn't actually cause marriage nor crash or freeze, just nothing happens.

I sent a few crash reports through the Crash Uploader.
I will continue the game and postpone any try of marrying her until I know what bug is it or after I get my kingdom to see if that somehow fixes the crash as well.

Just confirmed that after creating my Kingdom by dominating Epicrotea in a battle of 100 versus 400 town garrison, I was indeed able to marry Phaea

I had the same issue.When I spoke to Phaea's father, accepting the barter would instantly freeze and crash me out. After I joined the Western Empire, I was able to complete the barter normally. Seems like it has something to do with not being part of a kingdom.

Hello, i have informed the devs about the issue and i am sure the problem will be fixed in no time. In the meantime, can you please inform us if you can reproduce the same issue after newly released patches or not?

Hello, i have informed the devs about the issue and i am sure the problem will be fixed in no time. In the meantime, can you please inform us if you can reproduce the same issue after newly released patches or not?
In my most recent playthrough, I first formed a kingdom and only then went to marry precisely to try and avoid this issue.

I think I still have a save of when this happened, so if I can find it, I will try to load it in order to verify, either later today or tomorrow.

Have just verified in a saved I forgot I had where left my character just in front of her father before finishing the marriage agreement and yes, the crash still does happen as of version e1.2.0.

Sent the crash log with a link to this forum discussion on the description.

Info.png

Hello, thank you for updating the files. This issue is added to our known issues and we are trying to find a fix as soon as possible.

I figured out why crash happens. When your future wife does something extraordinary on the map (plundering the village, fighting on the battlefield against enemies, being in the prison, besieging castle as a part of the army, which means that she is currently unavailable at the moment of marriage bartering) the game will crash 100% percent.
As to me, I tried to marry Liena, I came to her farther to do final arrangements, but the game constantly was crashing, because she was captured by Empire and was in the prison. I waited some time, searching in encyclopedia her location. When I saw that she escaped from dungeon, I found her father immediately and successfully conclude marriage agreement.

Running into this issue again today. No mods, and the wife doesn't appear to be indisposed (just sitting in an allied keep).

I believe it has something to do with her having an army, but will see if I can figure out the cause today.

Running into this issue again today. No mods, and the wife doesn't appear to be indisposed (just sitting in an allied keep).

I believe it has something to do with her having an army, but will see if I can figure out the cause today.

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Alternatively, you can send us the reference number of your crash report. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Do you have a save file of session that you experienced this issue? With your save file, we can reproduce the issue much easier and faster. You can find your save file here:

C:\Users\username\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Game Saves

You can send your save files to us via upload.taleworlds.com site. Please write your username and this threads URL into the description box so that we can find it easier. Alternatively, you can send us the reference number of your crash report. Thanks for reporting and sorry for any inconvenience!

Oh, I wish I was paying closer attention to this. Unfortunately I have chosen a different, less crashy wife than Mitela (the Gallant Vladian Noble) and no longer have that save. I apologize. Thank you very much for the reply though!

Hey, i would like to inform you that our team have fixed this issue and the fix should be implemented. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Back
Top Bottom