Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Beta
Modded/unmodded
No, I didn't use any mods.
Dump identifier (optional)
2021-03-17_19.15.16_fa47d3ad6f850d9a977e5d3cb378cae9
Summary:Crash after taleworlds logo. It worked fine until I changed some settings in the graphics menu now it wont start at all. the game used to start just fine if i changed the display mode in engine_configs.txt to 1. It crashes and gives me this error message:
d3d_device_context_->Map at rglGPU_device:lock_texture Failed!
The GPU device instance has been suspended. Use GetDeviceRemovedReason to determine the appropriate action.
Last Executed Marker: Only supported with nVidia GPUs and Windows 10
How to Reproduce: no clue

Computer Specs:
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 5600 XT
GPU Driver Version: 20.11.2
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600X 6-core processor 3.80
RAM: 16
Motherboard:B450 tomahawk max
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Try going to C:\Users\[your user]\Documents\Mount and Blade II Bannerlord\Configs and deleting the below files. Warning, this will reset all of your in-game settings.
LauncherData.xml, engine_config.txt, editor_config.txt, BannerlordConfig.txt

If that doesn't work try disabling Sharpening.
tried that didn't work. in fact i cant change the settings in the config either now, they just reset to whatever they were before I changed them everytime I try to start the game

ny card does't even have the capability of sharpening

thanks for the effort but none of that thread helps at all.
I goty this error before and used to be able to fix this by changing my display mode to 1 in engine configs.txt
something is seriously wrong now I used to be able to change the settings with the engine_config.txt file but now when I change it it reverts back to what it was previously after I start the game. ****s ****ed

thanks for the effort but none of that thread helps at all.
I goty this error before and used to be able to fix this by changing my display mode to 1 in engine configs.txt
something is seriously wrong now I used to be able to change the settings with the engine_config.txt file but now when I change it it reverts back to what it was previously after I start the game. ****s ****ed
It was more like for reference.

After you manually set that config file. Right Click it, Select Properties, and check the box "Read Only" and hit OK.
If you ever want to make changes to that file in the future you are going to have to uncheck that box.

Back
Top Bottom