In Progress Crash a high number of world scene entities

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
1.7.0
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Yes, I used mods.

sinkpoint

Recruit
Summary:
I encountered this crash while debugging for adding towns to the world scene with Calradia Expanded. I believe this points to some kind of bug in the game engine.
The mod has a very high number of scene entities, and when adding more town game entities to the scene xml, loading the Sandbox mode in game will simply crash with access violation, indicating some type of memory error.

I noticed it has nothing to do with capsule placement or town definitions.
The scene file loads fine in the world editor, but will not load in the game.


How to Reproduce:
With the default scene file in Sandbox module:
Make a copy "town_K4" of game_entity group, and rename it. Load the game, start Sandbox game mode, everything is fine.

With Calradia Expanded 1.7 beta:
Make a copy "town_K4" of game_entity group, and rename it. Load the game, start Sandbox game mode, crash.

Have you used cheats and if so which:
Scene Name (if related): world map
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Computer Specs:
OS: windows 10
GPU: dual nvidia 980 gtx
GPU Driver Version:
CPU: amd threadripper 2950x
RAM: 64gb
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD):
 

uçanbiblo

Community Support
Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Hey, we do not offer support for the mods and the modded games. Do you experience the issue on a new campaign after manually deleting all the mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files? If so, please let me know.
 

sinkpoint

Recruit
Hey, we do not offer support for the mods and the modded games. Do you experience the issue on a new campaign after manually deleting all the mod files and verifying the integrity of the game files? If so, please let me know.
Yeah I understand you won't support mods. I'm just pointing out that this maybe a game engine related bug, as the program CTD with no stack traces even in tools like DnSpy. The usage case I've produced is more like a boundary test-condition of the engine.

I noticed that the same large scene.xscene opened fine in the modding toolkit, but CTD in-game, so something is going on.
This problem did not exist prior to 1.7, so I suspect it has to do with how scene capsules are handled.

So essentially something happened between 1.6.3 and 1.7 that has lowered the upper-limit of scene entities in-game. Maybe it's a design trade-off, maybe it's accidental, just wondering if the internal dev team is aware of this.
 

uçanbiblo

Community Support
Community Support
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Hey, i will forward the issue to the devs to have a look. Thank you for letting us know.
 
Top Bottom