Cracked stuff on loots

Users who are viewing this thread

Rafa911

Regular
Most of stuff you get from loot has a negative modifier. My question is does Roguery skill decreases the chance of geting more "cracked stuff" or it just increases the stuff you get?

It increases the total value of what you get, which allows more chances for better items, however AFAIK they will still be damaged items. Somebody might be able to give a more technical description of the loot system, but I have played a long time with very high roguery and it was still broken stuff.

Would be great if you could repair it. Or pay for it to be repaired.
Especially with the smithing system. Maintenance of weapons and armor was a big deal back then, so using second-hand goods is actually more realistic. Unlike in this modern era, people didn't just toss their ceramic knives away when they dulled and bought a new one because they didn't know how to use a ****ing whetstone.

I think it adds to the immersion because your enemies' armor and weapons get broken and damaged during the battle.
Yeah but things don't get damaged as easily as in this game. If someone died by an arrow to the neck or a mace blow to the chest, their armguards, boots and weapons wouldn't get broken. It also takes a lot to break a steel weapon.

In RL you would need to share your loot with your army.
So, may be your soldiers take all suitable armor and weapons for their own use and you get only broken stuff which they can't put on immediately, just for selling. :grin:

As I recall, TW was trying to fix overall battle loot value and decided to convert all previously usable items into vendor crap. Very questionable decision, since selling battle loot still dominant source of money besides absolutely insane smithing, but now players don't even look at what exactly was looted. I'd prefer they decreased overall loot volume, but left me with ability to sometimes pick up something useful for myself or companions.

As I recall, TW was trying to fix overall battle loot value and decided to convert all previously usable items into vendor crap. Very questionable decision, since selling battle loot still dominant source of money besides absolutely insane smithing, but now players don't even look at what exactly was looted. I'd prefer they decreased overall loot volume, but left me with ability to sometimes pick up something useful for myself or companions.

I outfit all my companions from loot even now. Maybe I'm having a good run, but I'm finding things like rusty executioner's axes that are still more OP than most axes, rusty Cataphract's helmets that still have 42 armour... But 95% of stuff is junk.

i just tellin the truth as i always do. well, time to create new forum account i guess

No, you only have your subjective perspective, which is opinion not truth.

I don't know why you need a new account. I'm just offering advice - if there's something you'd like changed about a game, it would be helpful to not insult the people making the game when you point it out.

*shrug*

Back
Top Bottom