CPU dependent settings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Maximum997

Squire
I have good GPU gforce 2080
I have bad CPU i-5 8400.

(16 gb Ram, SSD)

So i really want to know which settings are using more CPU\GPU to load GPU as much as possible and dont load CPU too much.

Right now my setup is:

1. Anti-aliasing Temporal Smaa x2
2. Shader Quality - High
3. Texture streaming budget - very high
4. Texture Quality - high
5. Texture filtering Anisotrop 16x
6. Character detail - very high
7. Shadow Quality - low
8. Shadow Type - none
9. Shadow filtering - none
10. Particle details low
11. Particle Quality - low
12. Folliage Quality - low
13. Terrain quality low
14. Enviroment detail - low
15. Occlusion method - tsao
16. Decal Quality - very high
17. Water Quality - low
18. Number of corpses - low
19. Number of ragdolls - 3
20. DLSS - no
21. Lighting quality - low

22. Cloth simulation - off
23. Sun shafts - off
24.Tesselation - off
25. Interactive grass off
26. Screen pace reflection - off
27.Subsurface scaterring - off
28. Motion blur - off
29.Depth of field - off
30. Bloom - off
31. Film grain - off

Battle size - I know that it is the most CPU heavy thing.
Animation sampling quality - low

The biggest CPU hogs are Shadow Type & Battle Size. After that ragdolls and corpses are probably the next biggest things.

Cloth Simulation and interactive grass are also bits you can turn off.

I would recommend turning on DLSS; it will actually improve FPS (though might make the game slightly 'blurry' on some settings.

Best thing to do would just be to fiddle with some settings and boot up custom battles with the steam FPS count on. See what effects your system the most.

Last edited:
The biggest CPU hogs are Shadow Type & Battle Size. After that ragdolls and corpses are probably the next biggest things.

Cloth Simulation and interactive grass are also bits you can turn off.

I would recommend turning on DLSS; it will actually improve FPS (though might make the game slightly 'blurry' on some settings.

Best thing to do would just be to fiddle with some settings and boot up custom battles with the steam FPS count on. See what effects your system the most.
Thank you i will try

What the "Texture streaming budget" exactly do?

How turn on Dlss?
DLSS requires a newer GTX graphics card, 2060, 2080 or 30 series I believe. You can turn it on under performance. What it does is uses A.I. to basically 'fake' a higher resolution - easing some of the load on your system. It's a clever function; and if you have a compatible graphics card it's worth trying.

DLSS requires a newer GTX graphics card, 2060, 2080 or 30 series I believe. You can turn it on under performance. What it does is uses A.I. to basically 'fake' a higher resolution - easing some of the load on your system. It's a clever function; and if you have a compatible graphics card it's worth trying.
Sorry a little bit off topic from OP but when I turn on DLSS, banner icon above allies troops will always remain on the screen in battles and sieges. Ignoring obstacle occlusion like wall, hill, etc...
Not sure if it is a bug but I find it quite annoying, especially during sieges (I see literally a flood of coloured dots through the floor).

Sorry a little bit off topic from OP but when I turn on DLSS, banner icon above allies troops will always remain on the screen in battles and sieges. Ignoring obstacle occlusion like wall, hill, etc...
Not sure if it is a bug but I find it quite annoying, especially during sieges (I see literally a flood of coloured dots through the floor).
Bug. Nothing to do with DLSS should be doing that.

Back
Top Bottom