Speculating Delay, Lengthy Read

Users who are viewing this thread

We have been told a few times in the last couple of months that the game was in a "playable" state. At this point I just want it in whatever form it is in. I have braved several early access releases before and I can certainly tolerate whatever issues there may be. As long as it runs, just ship the damn game already.

I highly doubt it would be delayed at this point, the main problem is now implementing patches after it's released, there's likely going to be many bugs, and some possibly game breaking, hopefully their ability to swiftly patch these isn't effected by not being at the offices.

I think they will release it... because, nobody expects a perfectly polished game for EA... just something new from the m&b franchise (never played beta btw)

with home office and now "stay home" rule here in austria it would be great to have it ..asap..

Last edited:
they said they are closed but are working at home to get the game out on time, but with all these previous delays over the years im pretty skeptical we will see a March release. anyone else feel the same?
I cant remember all these previous delays, i mainly remember one dev at a gameshow interview saying something that ended up proving to be wrong, because they decided to make a new game engine from scratch, so that the game would be easier to make and mod. What are alle these previous delays you are talking about?

Probably the bulk of what we're getting has been ready since 2018 and what they're working on lately is the advanced late game functions and touch ups to simple stuff for EA. They've had fully playable SP demos with functional quest and Map, even sieges, for the last two years. I really doubt there's anything that could be slowed down now that would delay the EA release.

I would be beyond shocked if it is delayed. It is early release meaning it does not need to be perfect for them to release it. It just needs to be playable. The game has probably been playable for months of not over a year at this point. Two weeks for a game that has been in development for a decade isn't going to hinder early release.

Please dont delay(again). This is a crucial point for the game. Yes i have no doubt that there will be bugs and thats normal, try and fix them after the release. Yes i know some features will be missing(thats the last of our worries) but that wont matter that much you can always add them as the development progresses. But if you delay the game once more it will be a s***show, people will start getting mad, they will buy other games instead to pass their time, and you will lose a lot of pottential buyers. You made a decision, you anounced the release date, its done now dont go back on your word. The price (50$) is fine for a game like this, people shouldnt expect it to be cheaper its a massive environment with endless content. From all the videos we have seen and the Beta gameplay it seems that the game is in a good enough state for the public to play it. So dont hide behind excuses(coronavirus) saying that you thought you had more time and that the game needs polishing or you are going to lose a part of your audience. Also i know you are working hard on the game but uploading a blog on what you are working on at the momment and modding or even a quick post is essential to keep in touch with your customers. I love mount and blade and i want to see it succeed.

The price (50$) is fine for a game like this, people shouldnt expect it to be cheaper its a massive environment with endless content.

Gotta disagree with you there. Regardless of how big the game map is, or how deep the gameplay mechanics, early access titles have always been cheaper because you are buying into a currently unfinished product. TW are charging us a full release price for what will be an incomplete experience for an indeterminable amount of time. So no, the price is not 'fine'.

Also you're calling the Coronavirus an 'excuse' when it has literally killed thousands of people? :facepalm:

Gotta disagree with you there. Regardless of how big the game map is, or how deep the gameplay mechanics, early access titles have always been cheaper because you are buying into a currently unfinished product. TW are charging us a full release price for what will be an incomplete experience for an indeterminable amount of time. So no, the price is not 'fine'.

Also you're calling the Coronavirus an 'excuse' when it has literally killed thousands of people? :facepalm:
Price will not change, so you already pay for the full game.
For me personally, gameplay length and replayability is making the price far beyond cheap. Paying 50$ for a game that you can play for at least hundreds of hours it is a great deal. And there is no other game that I actually consider worth 50$.

Price will not change, so you already pay for the full game.

Yes, that was my point. You are paying in full now, when you are not getting a full game. They ought to charge full price on full release.

For me personally, gameplay length and replayability is making the price far beyond cheap. Paying 50$ for a game that you can play for at least hundreds of hours it is a great deal.

We know that, we have hundreds of hours into Warband, and know what to expect. Thousands of people new to the franchise will simply see £40 for an unfinished game.

I can see why a certain anxiety might strike a fan this close to the release date. But it's less than a week now. If they weren't going to have a playable product in a few days, they'd know by now.
They also know what a huge letdown it would be to delay the game at this point.
And they know that the game doesn't have to be 100% done and polished, because it's EA.
So take a deep breath, make sure your machine is up for the task, and don't make plans for the 31st. It's coming.

Please delay if you feel the game isn't ready.
The backlash to an unfinished, broken game will be much worse than the backlash to another delay, as demoralising as that would be.

I think it's the best long-term solution if the game isn't ready yet.

You think you're entitled to a discount because YOU decided to buy a game in early access, pure delusion.

Back
Top Bottom