COVID-19 means delay for game?

SkylerSlack

Recruit
Best answers
they said they are closed but are working at home to get the game out on time, but with all these previous delays over the years im pretty skeptical we will see a March release. anyone else feel the same?

Alaacon

Recruit
WB
Best answers
We know that this decision may raise some concerns in regards to what that means for the release of Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, however, we want to make it clear that we have thoroughly planned for this eventuality and are confident that we will still meet our goal of releasing the game on 31/03/20.[QOUTE]

Best answers
Safety comes first. Human lives before digital products. We've waited long, so if there are any further delays it will not be the end of everything. But they have said they will release it, so that's what we can expect for now.

paladinx333

Sergeant at Arms
Best answers
We have been told a few times in the last couple of months that the game was in a "playable" state. At this point I just want it in whatever form it is in. I have braved several early access releases before and I can certainly tolerate whatever issues there may be. As long as it runs, just ship the damn game already.

danEN

Squire
WBM&BWF&SNWVC
Best answers
I highly doubt it would be delayed at this point, the main problem is now implementing patches after it's released, there's likely going to be many bugs, and some possibly game breaking, hopefully their ability to swiftly patch these isn't effected by not being at the offices.

Pinocchio

Veteran
Best answers
I think they will release it... because, nobody expects a perfectly polished game for EA... just something new from the m&b franchise (never played beta btw)

with home office and now "stay home" rule here in austria it would be great to have it ..asap..

Last edited:

Timmortal

Knight
Best answers
they said they are closed but are working at home to get the game out on time, but with all these previous delays over the years im pretty skeptical we will see a March release. anyone else feel the same?
I cant remember all these previous delays, i mainly remember one dev at a gameshow interview saying something that ended up proving to be wrong, because they decided to make a new game engine from scratch, so that the game would be easier to make and mod. What are alle these previous delays you are talking about?

Best answers
I'm confident it's coming March 31st. They've said they prepared thoroughly for the possibility of having to work from home. If they can't get it out, I'll understand, but I'm not expecting a delay.

AnandaShanti

Knight
Best answers
Probably the bulk of what we're getting has been ready since 2018 and what they're working on lately is the advanced late game functions and touch ups to simple stuff for EA. They've had fully playable SP demos with functional quest and Map, even sieges, for the last two years. I really doubt there's anything that could be slowed down now that would delay the EA release.

blackfalcon

Recruit
Best answers
I would be beyond shocked if it is delayed. It is early release meaning it does not need to be perfect for them to release it. It just needs to be playable. The game has probably been playable for months of not over a year at this point. Two weeks for a game that has been in development for a decade isn't going to hinder early release.