Couple things

Users who are viewing this thread

I know you're probably aware of all the scene problems in taverns and whatnot, so I won't mention that:

BUT the combat animations are impossible to block against unless you're using autoblock. There's no clear indication of where the swing will come from.

Also the custom screens and menus are an eyesore, and I had to delete those texture files just to test the mod out.

There's a lot to be done in terms of faction balance, items especially, but I think this mod can get there.

That's all for now - I may test again in a future update.

That the combat system is different than Native doesn't mean its harder, or impossible to block against. After i had been playing the mod for a few hours i got into it and got it under control. You suck at manually blocking at native, too when you start Warband... You just slowly get better at it, same thing applies here.

Rojiru said:
I know you're probably aware of all the scene problems in taverns and whatnot, so I won't mention that:

BUT the combat animations are impossible to block against unless you're using autoblock. There's no clear indication of where the swing will come from.
If you don't feel like getting used to a different animation set just for this mod you can remove these animations fairly easily by following these steps.
  • Go into the Native Module Folder
  • Locating and copying the actions text folder to the clipboard
  • Going into the New Elgante Module folder
  • Pasting the actions text and selecting yes to overwrite
Also the custom screens and menus are an eyesore, and I had to delete those texture files just to test the mod out.
Do you have your game set to maximum resolution? Lower settings tend to amplify the lines, I can see where you are coming from though. I will try and make it sharper, though the main menu is fine.

There's a lot to be done in terms of faction balance, items especially, but I think this mod can get there.
Thats constantly beign worked on and improved with each version. This version is quite a step up from the last
That's all for now - I may test again in a future update.
Thanks for your suggestions/bug report it is quite useful to get user feedback like this.

Maybe it is just a simple matter of getting used to the animations, but I find the swings from behind and over a shoulder to be hard to follow just in general.

My resolution is set to max, 1600x1200.
The textures feel very... bark-like?

Rojiru said:
Maybe it is just a simple matter of getting used to the animations, but I find the swings from behind and over a shoulder to be hard to follow just in general.

My resolution is set to max, 1600x1200.
The textures feel very... bark-like?
Are you talking about the loading screens or the actual UI? Such as the inventory or party window

Rojiru said:
It's been a few days, but from memory I'm talking about the loading screen, character screen, etc... Yeah I just don't like it.
The loading screens I can agree with, I will make them smoother
The character screen hasn't been changed except for being slightly darker so I assume you mean the inventory and party screen. Generally for those two I haven't had any complaints apart from that some parts are hard to read, which is being fixed as I go by adding smooth textures behind the writing.

Honestly the whole loading screen and etc look like you used the glow effect on paint.NET about... 6 times. It's just... It hurts my eyes very much. :razz: As far as the animations go they're fine with me, you just need to practice.

Epicrules said:
Honestly the whole loading screen and etc look like you used the glow effect on paint.NET about... 6 times. It's just... It hurts my eyes very much. :razz: As far as the animations go they're fine with me, you just need to practice.
I didn't use the glow effect at all, I just got the screenshot cropped it to fit and applied the ink sketch effect. The screenshot was just quite bright.
I didn't make the animations, they are  courtesy of Papa Lazarou

SEMAGMAR said:
Sword swing is too slow
All the one handed swords are referenced from the standard speeds from native, I did not feel the need to change their balance.
However Two handed weapons and other miscellaneous one handed weapons have been altered, often to a slower speed, are you talking about them?

Rojiru said:

You can do that? How? If I could get that out I would be able to enjoy the game more, but I don't want to delete files all willy nilly.

Also, is anyone else experiencing issues with the Outpost and Forts, not to mention certain cities which don't appear at all when you enter them? I know this might not be the right place but if so I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction.

Edit: Concerning the files, I followed said advice by going into the textures folder of the module and removing said compoennts:

Character_window.dds
Dialogue_window.dds
Dialogue_window_2.dds
Dialogue_window_3.dds
Escape_menu.dds
Interface.dds
Inventory_window.dds
Note_window.dds
Party_window.dds
Quests_window.dds
User_interface_b.dds

The game was far more palpable after this, I could see the names of my soldiers and tell how much they cost.

I played the mod a bit last night, enjoying it thus far. I had more of a question then an issue... in this mod when you buy cattle from a village (for example to bring them to another town in need of cattle for that particular mission), do the cattle follow you, or is it like native where you have to spend ten times longer trying to herd them along? I ignored those task options for villages because I didn't know which method the mod uses.

Draka said:
I played the mod a bit last night, enjoying it thus far. I had more of a question then an issue... in this mod when you buy cattle from a village (for example to bring them to another town in need of cattle for that particular mission), do the cattle follow you, or is it like native where you have to spend ten times longer trying to herd them along? I ignored those task options for villages because I didn't know which method the mod uses.
It currently uses the "incredibly annoying herding" option, not by choice, but merely because I have not though about it. I will add to the list of things to add

hehehe thanks..I hate that method... meh..I'll skip those missions until a future version with the following cows... Thanks  :grin:

Back
Top Bottom