Resolved Couple easy ones (fall animation cancel, phantom rocks)

Users who are viewing this thread

Mushbeast

Knight at Arms
Hey, I haven't seen these posted anywhere yet and they seem like they should be fairly simple fixes.

First of all, if you press E to kick whilst in the fall animation, you'll cancel it with the kick and can recover much quicker. Sometimes the kick happens instantly and sometimes it only registers after a split second. It is actually quite useful in siege and if you manage to land next to someone you can kick them before they've even recovered from their animation. Quite a cool bug actually, and I hope that if you fix it you instead allow us to kick in mid-air. Sometimes you just wanna fly kick people.

The second bug happens when you throw a rock (might happen with all throwables) and use the sheathe weapon button at the exact moment it leaves your hand. It will throw a phantom rock (that will not damage anything and I doubt it can even be seen by other players) and you will keep your ammunition. Seems to be just a visual bug and hardly a problem, however I can see it being an issue somewhere down the line in high level tournaments, where a player might land a killing rock only to find out it was a phantom rock the entire time. Unlikely but possible.

Anyway thought these would be pretty simple to fix, and I look forward to the new patch. Keep up the good work lads.

EDIT: Here's one more for ya, on the house. When you join a game through custom lobby, and leave before picking a team, all of the 'Custom Servers', 'Custom Games' and Matchmaking tabs are greyed out. You must click the exit icon at the top right and log back in to fix it. Not sure if intentional or not.

Hello, thank you for reporting these. I have informed the devs about the issue.
EDIT: Here's one more for ya, on the house. When you join a game through custom lobby, and leave before picking a team, all of the 'Custom Servers', 'Custom Games' and Matchmaking tabs are greyed out. You must click the exit icon at the top right and log back in to fix it. Not sure if intentional or not.
If you can provide visuals for this i am sure it will come in handy.

Hello, thank you for reporting these. I have informed the devs about the issue.

If you can provide visuals for this i am sure it will come in handy.

I did testing on his behalf and had varied results. I did testing in the 1.5 beta, because it is the latest, and also, there is no mention of what version this is for anyway.

Firstly, the kicking and falling. It appears if you fall from a short distance and do not take fall damage, then yes you can kick almost immediately upon landing, and it saves you from going through the whole stun animation. I tried achieving these multiple different ways, but even mashing E the whole time only resulted in these findings. This is a comparison as to how the kick after falling and waiting for the stun have huge time differences:

Low altitude fall and wait for stun:

Low altitude fall and kick:

If you fall from higher altitudes however, and take damage, you are unable to kick your way out of the stun. It seems like perhaps the low altitude stun where you don't take damage should be made so you can just walk out of it.

High Altitude fall and wait for stun:

High Altitude fall and kick:

Secondly, I was able to reproduce the phantom rocks, but it requires VERY precise timing, and it took me about 50 throws to get my first one. As you can see here, the barricade took no damage on the first throw, but afterwards to make sure you know the barricade should take damage I threw a rock normally.

Phantom Rock:

Lastly, I was unable to reproduce the greyed out lobby issue according to @Mushbeast instructions:

Your both welcome, my pleasure :grin:

Interesting stuff there my dude!

I have a feeling the phantom rock may be easier to pull off depending on ping. Whilst it still requires super precise timing to sheath the sling, I can pull it off almost every time. Of course, like you have proven, it does no damage and probably doesn't even show up for the enemy.

As for the final point, I tested it again shortly after making the post and it turns out the "bug" seems to just be the lobby reconnecting. Think I got a bit carried away with the bug hunting there :razz:

Hey, i would like to inform you that our team have fixed this issue and the fix should be implemented. Please let us know if you encounter any other issues.

Back
Top Bottom