Coup Attempt in Turkey

Users who are viewing this thread

Admiral Ghost said:
The Bowman said:
Now I hear they beheaded a soldier who surrendered on the Bosphorus bridge... Come the **** on, Turkey. It's the big fat bellies you need to look after, not some poor conscripts.
Nope, that picture is from 10 years ago and that soldier is still alive.
You're doing a really bad job at trying to discredit that statement. Which soldier is still alive, what image is from 10 years ago?

Goker said:
Admiral Ghost said:
The Bowman said:
Now I hear they beheaded a soldier who surrendered on the Bosphorus bridge... Come the **** on, Turkey. It's the big fat bellies you need to look after, not some poor conscripts.
Nope, that picture is from 10 years ago and that soldier is still alive.
You're doing a really bad job at trying to discredit that statement. Which soldier is still alive, what image is from 10 years ago?
Beheaded (!) one.

CnhYhzzWIAEtTPw.jpg

Fatih Portakal is an announcer and "Burak Slvrmz" is the soldier that be claimed dead.

Cng_4P9WAAAplfB.jpg:large

I returned to Istanbul from Dalaman airport a couple of hours ago.

One day before the "coup attempt", I saw two F16s doing war maneuvers over the hotel I was staying in which is a few kilometers away from the one the president was staying in.  They were like dogfighting doing very sharp turns.

ancalimon said:

One day before the "coup attempt", I saw two F16s doing war maneuvers over the hotel I was staying in which is a few kilometers away from the one the president was staying in.
I'd like to hear your theory on the matter.

RabbleKnight said:
ancalimon said:

One day before the "coup attempt", I saw two F16s doing war maneuvers over the hotel I was staying in which is a few kilometers away from the one the president was staying in.
I'd like to hear your theory on the matter.

I think this was staged in order to find who really wanted a coup in the army. The mid ranking soldiers and the privates they ordered were not acting of course. I think they were being coordinated by someone who was acting. The thing is it's possible that even he was fooled. But I don't want to talk about it since it will become a conspiracy theory. Right now I don't have the heart for any conspiracies when many Turkish citizens and soldiers and police are dead. It should have been a national mourning yet I found people celebrating all around Istanbul.

Ghost said:
Beheaded (!) one.

CnhYhzzWIAEtTPw.jpg

Fatih Portakal is an announcer and "Burak Slvrmz" is the soldier that be claimed dead.

Cng_4P9WAAAplfB.jpg:large

All you have to do is try at least a little bit before believing the first opinion that happens to coincide with yours. See that CNN Turk article? Type it out exactly as it is on google.

http://www.cnnturk.com/2006/turkiye/06/14/askeri.arac.devrildi.bir.sehit.uc.yarali/190278.0/index.html

No photo there. Last time it was edited was 2006. Does it make sense to see such an injury after a military vehicle tips over? What about the ****ing railings that look exactly like the ones at the bridge? Is that in Van too?

I'm not saying he was beheaded, he might not be. But the images show clearly that those people were torturing soldiers, kicking corpses and trying to push them off the bridge. Before you try discrediting the actions they might have done, make damn sure your evidence is rock solid. Flimsy evidence like this that takes one google search to prove is a lie is not going to do you good.

Edit: I do not think there was any beheading but there is one video that shows a considerable amount of blood coming from a soldier's neck, which implies throat cutting. The uncensored version of that image shows the head is intact, the throat is cut.

I saw videos from Bosphorus. I say it too, it's disgusting. But everyone is ignoring people shot by helicopters, crushed by tanks and shot by their own military just because they are supporting AKP or whatever. Isn't 200 civil life matters as soldiers who shot his own people?

I don't know if this has been talked about but 2,700 and perhaps more judges have also been removed from office as well as 2800 soldiers detained. It smells like its staged as Erdogan never even had to sweat once plus now he gets to add more of his own croneys in the judicial system.

Occam's Razor and all.

Ghost said:
I saw videos from Bosphorus. I say it too, it's disgusting. But everyone is ignoring people shot by helicopters, crushed by tanks and shot by their own military just because they are supporting AKP or whatever. Isn't 200 civil life matters as soldiers who shot his own people?
It's not because they're supporting the AKP. These are soldiers who dropped their weapons because they didn't want to shoot civilians and the way some assholes took their anger out of them was easily preventable. Civilians had no business attacking soldiers like that when they had already dropped their weapons. You have no way of knowing those who were tortured actually fired and killed civilians.

People being crushed by tanks? Happened to two people as far as I've seen. Seems like an accident, not a deliberate attempt to kill.

People being shot on purpose, to kill? I haven't seen much evidence of this. People seem to have died due to firefights between the military and the police but it doesn't look like the military attacked civilians on purpose. Most of the bombs people claim the military dropped seemed to have been sonic bombs.

Helicopters, jets, etc? There are soldiers who were forced to fly those vehicles at gunpoint. It doesn't give anyone the right to torture people just because their only option was to submit, die or be jailed.

Take your anger out on the people behind the coup, not the ones who had no choice but to follow orders.

2700 judges removed from office is a ridiculously high number. Are we seriously suppose to believe that for every pro-coup soldier there was also a judge involved? They must have had a list ready for some time and the coup was just the best opportunity to use it.

Be cool, we are on the same side. I don't enjoy or support any die in this world. Soldiers inclouded.

But there is a thing called "illegal order". Also, I've heard, 3 soldier got shot by their own commander just 'cause they didn't follow orders. I would kill myself or my commander to not shot my people.

And as you said, there are videos, photographs and documents.

Sorry, but only up to two (2) embedded YouTube videos per post are allowed. Please change any additional videos to standard links or just remove them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Bb1wObkLYw
People who tried to enter TSK building.

Whatever, one night is over too. Good night everyone.

Tank issue still seems like an accident. The jets firing on people one seems bogus, the line of fire is too straight, it looks like ground to air fire more than anything, seems to be originating from a fixed location. Again, try to think before taking everything at face value.

And the last video doesn't actually show the soldiers deliberately targeting civilians, it's the aftermath of shooting.

Did civilians die? Yes. Do those videos show that soldiers wanted to kill them? No. Soldiers could have killed them after all, and they definitely does because of the coup attempt, but there is no way of knowing which ones went out there with the intent to attempt a coup. Just because you think you would sacrifice yourself doesn't mean everyone else can be as brave with a gun pointed to their head.

Goker said:
Tank issue still seems like an accident. The jets firing on people one seems bogus, the line of fire is too straight, it looks like ground to air fire more than anything, seems to be originating from a fixed location. Again, try to think before taking everything at face value.

And the last video doesn't actually show the soldiers deliberately targeting civilians, it's the aftermath of shooting.

Did civilians die? Yes. Do those videos show that soldiers wanted to kill them? No. Soldiers could have killed them after all, and they definitely does because of the coup attempt, but there is no way of knowing which ones went out there with the intent to attempt a coup. Just because you think you would sacrifice yourself doesn't mean everyone else can be as brave with a gun pointed to their head.

Bosphorus bridge, soldiers shooting civilians.

Another injuerd people - Bosphorus bridge

Another - Bosphorus bridge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKN5Mtbg6ds

Admiral Ghost said:

If you stand in front of a fastly moving IFV of course you are going to be crashed, how surprising. Nothing happened to him tho. Second video's title is "Coup soldiers opened fire to civilians from jets" lol. First of all that was a helicopter definitiley NOT a jet and it's firing to Presidential Palace definitely NOT people. There are ground-to-air fire if you watch carefully.

If you really want to see some jet bombing here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mgA5wsshJm8

If there's coup happening and you are a -unarmed or armed- civilian you don't simply trying to push to the military captured points, againts fully armed tanks, soldiers etc. Politicians called people rush to the streets but they all hide in shelters whole night. Damn cowards.

And here I was, thinking military blockades were just suggestions.
Of course they got shot. They were threateningly approaching the soldiers, who were under orders to not let them close. The soldiers fired. What's so damn surprising about that?
It's terrible that all of this happened, but it's completely to be expected as well. Those civvies had brass balls or wooden brains to go towards a barricade like that, I'll give them that, but if anyone expects such a situation to end differently, they need a dose of the real world.

lorddarknes said:
Another injuerd people - Bosphorus bridge

right_up_in_the_main_street__d___by_kibbitzer-d9tcfya.jpg

I am still not convinced those were people who were shot to kill, a chest wound with a direct shot and that guy probably wouldn't be able to run back. They are likely ricochets. The death toll there would be much higher if the soldiers were targeting civilians rather than opening fire to disperse them. There is a difference between shooting to kill and shooting to scare.

These soldiers never received crowd control instructions. This was to be expected. Even the riot police of Turkey have killed people by panicking and pulling out their guns during protests. And they also targeted people with gas canisters, etc. They had intent to wound and sometimes kill white clearly, yet no one wanted to cut their throats. And the government didn't want to punish those police officers.

The way the soldiers of Turkey were treated will not be forgotten for a long while. They've officially ****ed Turkish Armed Forces up when the army was needed the most. Imagine what the PKK and the IS are thinking now.

Back
Top Bottom