Coup Attempt in Turkey

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm still horrified by this outrageous proposal anyways. They must totally change all the judiciary to make it possible honestly. Even when Constitutional Court doesn't strike down such a law, it's not possible to try those soldiers by a law which didn't exist when they've committed the crime. It's simply impossible. If they want to hang them, it has to be outrageously unlawful.

Now Erdogan says Turkey will stop extraditing criminals to USA if USA refuses to extradite Gulen. Turkish file for official request is still to be translated.

Here's what I have finally understood. Half of Turkey (maybe more) can not comprehend what "justice" is. For them even if a soldier does not know what is happening, he deserves being killed by a mob. The Turks were not like this in the past...

For example a soldier is given an order to take wounded soldiers with helicopter. He executes the order and then police open fire from the ground. This soldier might or might not be involved with the coup. The average Turkish person does not have the conscience to think this over.

ancalimon said:
The Turks were not like this in the past...
How much past? Middle Asia? Turks were always handling issues with brute force. Whenever I read back about Ottoman it makes no difference. Same as always even now.

Historically and in medieval sources, turks are almost synonymous with military force. The only reason they're part of the muslim sphere is because arabs and iranians needed people to fight for them. One could argue that the only reason they emerged as an ethnic group was due to warfare.

I like the ottomans, don't get me wrong, but they pretty much invented modern warfare.

Cioss Julius U.X. said:
ancalimon said:
The Turks were not like this in the past...
How much past? Middle Asia? Turks were always handling issues with brute force. Whenever I read back about Ottoman it makes no difference. Same as always even now.

Yes Central Asia. But this is not the place to discuss it. Go to my bull**** thread for discussing it.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lynching

mcwiggum said:
Is this turning into a new "Turkey right now" thread?

If so, Armenian genocide.

tayyip-logic_o_1589769.jpg

How many warning shots does he have to shoot in the air for them to **** off? Why are they treating him like he's not even there? How are so many people this damn stupid?

I only had to read as far as "Facebook" and "ExposeTheTruth", although I should have just stopped at "ancalimon".

Back
Top Bottom