Counting the Inhabitants (Server Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Hey guys,

maybe you have seen it in a post from Patta, but I now will present you our server viewer officially.

As the name says the server viewer is a viewer for a server. At the moment it's just for the Assassin Hunt mod, but we will include other mods later (like Race Wars Bloodshed) It shows some information of the server, such as the servername, the current players which are playing on it, the maximum players which can be on the server at one time and the time (GMT +1) of the last update, so you can see on it if someone is on the server, how old this information is and if the server is full.

Here is an example of the server viewer:
statsbild.php
statsbild.php

This is the image version of the viewer. You can implement it into your website just like a normal image. (Don't puzzle your self by the .php ending of the file) This is the link to the image:
Code:
http://serverviewer.it-clan.bplaced.net/statsbild.php?server=ServerNameHere
You just have to add the name of your server by changing "ServerNameHere" in the link to the name of your server.

We have also made a second version of the server viewer, which is not a image but a textbased viewer. When the image doesn't load fast enough for you, you can use the textbased viewer. This part of the viewer is still work in progress.
Here is an example of the server viewer (the server is IT_Assassin_Hunt):  Server Viewer
You can implement it into your website with this code:
Code:
<iframe src ="http://serverviewer.it-clan.bplaced.net/viewstats2.php?server=ServerNameHere" width="100%" height="72" SCROLLING="no" frameborder="0">
</iframe>
You just have to add the name of your server by changing "ServerNameHere" in the link to the name of your server.

We also have a viewer, in which you can see all the servers in our database. Please notice that our database at the moment doesn't delete old servers, so some servers could be that old that they have been closed long ago. But these servers should automatically have 0 players on it. This viewer shouldn't be implemented in your website, it's just to see all servers at a glance.

The server viewer is made by us and so we can change (nearly) everything on it. This means if you have any suggestions or ideas for new features, you can tell them to us. It only runs on a dedicated server hosting the newest version of Assassin Hunt.

Please give us feedback to the viewer and if you have any questions feel free to ask.

I want to add that the server viewer only will be refreshed if someone joined (and also left) the server. You shouldn't think the server viewer is damaged without any reason. The time will only be refreshed too if the number of the current players is changing.

Implement the viewer on your homepage. Maybe more players will come and join the game :smile:

IT-Killer

IT-Killer said:
I want to add that the server viewer only will be refreshed if someone joined (and also left) the server.

This isn't right Killer, maybe it seems to update just by joining and leaving, but the server sends his stats every minute when somebody is on the server. You only have to reload the viewer when you want to know the latest stats, cause it doesn't refresh automatically in your browser.

Cool, perhaps you could keep a Server Viewer Database of all servers in the Main Thread so all players that check it out can see how many players are there ? I mean, this is an excellent feature, probably none though about this - put it so everyone can see, maybe as a signature too, if possible  :grin:

My signature is full with the two Mod signatures :wink:
But yea, we have it in this topic but should probably post it everywhere. We will see.

Btw i dont mean i cant see any server.. i only dont see the Assassin hunt server...
I do have it (1.143)... I dont think its that fault .. i think its just that he cant load the server (he doesnt load 5)

He doesnt load around 5 for me too, that should not be the problem I think. The only possible thing I could think off then would be your router, but then you would have more than 5 servers that you don't find.

Back
Top Bottom