Countdown to 268 B.C. (Warband SP)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright well I installed the latest version of Warband and played with that a bit, which didn't have any issues. I had updated all the drivers etc. prior to this.

So I copy/pasted the 268 folder over, which seemed to resolve some of the issues, such as artifacting on the world map, and transparent textures. Though I still am having issues with text in battle not showing up, i.e. casualties exp, as well there is still no checkbox for the option in menu.

This I would suspect to be a text or font, or perhaps alpha issue with the custom interfaces, however its confounded by the fact that the text does show up in certain instances. There is also a random game freeze after a victory, which does not make sense either.

At this point my guess is that maybe something happened to the files when transferring to old comp to external HD to new comp possibly. Seems with every step foward, it's two steps back at this point.

Reads E's comments and realises more work will have to be done.....

tumblr_lgjgkavnzP1qafrh6.gif

Hmm. It's to do with DDS editing software not working with 64 bit operating systems that previously worked with 32 bit... it doesn't really explain this other stuff.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/download.aspx

Maybe, that can work by any chance.

Damn, that could be a pain in the ass in the future if it's a compatibility issue. But it doesn't seem like it, by what you said.

Well anything I'd have suggested has already been mentioned; driver uninstalls and updates, and re-installation of warband. Best of luck to you anyway, and thanks for the update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom