Resolved Council of Commons Policy breaks politics system

Users who are viewing this thread

Leto Aus

Recruit
Summary: Council of Commons policy gives an extreme amount of influence, causing the kingdom to quickly conquer the whole campaign map.

How to Reproduce: Be in a faction which has the Council of Commons policy active.

More information:
I don't think this works as intended. This ''seemingly harmless'' policy can give 100+ influence per day per lord, causing a faction to become all-powerful. This broke the balance of power in my campaign (which had lasted over two in-game years) within two weeks.

Most policies affect clan influence by a low single digit number (mostly +1, or +1 per castle/town/fief). This policy grants 1 influence per notable, which can mean up to 20 per owned town (including surrounding villages). The politics system breaks; all other policies cease to mean anything; massive armies are constantly raised; the faction expands quickly; and the ruler with 8k+ influence grants himself all captured settlements.

Before they change this, they're going to have to fix the relations system, then, since this is literally the only thing that makes having your own faction fun.

+1

It broke my game, it would be a reasonable policy if you would gain 0.1 Influence for each notable maybe.

And remove the Milita Bonus which is OP is aswell.

Or instead of the vassal gaining the influence let the notable become more powerfull so you'll get better recruits. With a 0.1 Influence gain still.

i do agree with Vicinian, and i will add that this perk for now allows you to thoroughly play with the current system and allows the usage of spending the 50 influence per 2 relations which with out that policy is god aweful of a trade

The relation system is another issue, the fact that you gain around 30 influence daily if you own about two fiefs, shows that it is out of proportion compared to all the other methods of gaining influence combat, buildings, other policies like Senate or Castle Charters, etc.

Having two cities is like winning 2-3 major battles daily without doing anything influence wise with this policy.

Not to mention the game breaking factor for vassal playthroughs as the king gets do to do whatever he wants, and your faction becomes way to powerfull due to high garrisons.

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were not able to respond to this topic when this topic first created.
We believe that this issue might have been fixed since the creation of this topic. If you are still experiencing this issue on the latest live or beta versions of the game at the moment please leave a reply to this topic so that we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Hi, I will mark the issue as resolved. If you encounter the same one in the latest version, please let me know. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom