Coule you please FINALLY disable auto upgrade from garrison ?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm getting REALLY tired of my garrison randomly upgrading my troops into units I absolutely DO NOT want, especially since they cost me much more the longer this thing last and just destroy my economy.

I used to play with the improved garrison mod just for the purpose of disabling this, but somehow this isn't working anymore, I honestly can not believe the disable auto upgrade is not a thing in the vanilla game this makes no sense at all.

thank you

I will ask for a checkbox to let you disable or not the auto upgrade for each settlement, but sure it is not going to be implemented due it is against the TW policy 'delegate everything outside fighting battles to the AI'

Units in garrison should be able to gain experience (slowly), but it should be up to the player to upgrade them. Having units lose all experience when you put them in the garrison makes zero sense, and having them upgrade into different types without any choice is only marginally more acceptable, if at all.

Interesting. I was under the impression my garrisons were not upgrading anything. I've got garrisons full of 100 recruits that I dumped in there and they don't seem to have ever upgraded.

Interesting. I was under the impression my garrisons were not upgrading anything. I've got garrisons full of 100 recruits that I dumped in there and they don't seem to have ever upgraded.
As Apocal said, fief improvements & there are also perks that your governor can have that will increase the daily xp to units in the garrison.

Regards to OP, I completely agree.
Hopefully this will be implemented alongside the clan management update that will let you manage clan parties a bit better (I believe they've said they're interested in doing this kind of update); anything to give us more control over our fiefs and clan without making it too complicated is a bonus; a simple tick box for auto-upgrade units in certain fiefs would be fantastic, let you use certain castles to passively upgrade units.

I'm getting REALLY tired of my garrison randomly upgrading my troops into units I absolutely DO NOT want, especially since they cost me much more the longer this thing last and just destroy my economy.

I used to play with the improved garrison mod just for the purpose of disabling this, but somehow this isn't working anymore, I honestly can not believe the disable auto upgrade is not a thing in the vanilla game this makes no sense at all.

thank you
Maybe not really what you are expecting, but here is what is planned by the devs so far.
2) Limiting wages of your clan parties (including garrisons) so they will stop getting more men or upgrading troops when limit is reached. If limit is past somehow they will disband slowly till limit is reached.

Back
Top Bottom