Couldnt find a proper stickied bug-thread

Users who are viewing this thread

SulleDrake

Sergeant at Arms
And so i ask this here: Whats up with the lords owning the wrong castles as well as the Teutonic grand master being a vassal of the crusader states?
This is something I only noticed while playing crusades. Anyone knows if it will be fixed?
Hopefully it has been asked before and someone can link me to the right direction?

I'm using the SVN version ( Up to Date )

Becouse you are playing the development version(SVN) bugs should go to the subversion topic.

Teutonic Grandmaster was actually in the Outremer crusading, that's why he's a vasal of the Crusader states and not in the Baltic. So it will never be "fixed". Lords have there fiefs assigned randomly to them(most of them atleast). Give me a proper list to which fiefs to assign to which lord and that will change.

For example I remember one crusading lord had the title "Lord of <City>" or something like that in their names but instead they owned a completely different town.

Well, if its not possible to have some Lords always owning one fief while the rest are random- I suggest you remove titles that aren't true (if you get what I mean).

DrTomas said:
Becouse you are playing the development version(SVN)...

DrTomas said:
Lords have there fiefs assigned randomly to them(most of them atleast). Give me a proper list to which fiefs to assign to which lord and that will change.

I will translate,
This is a mod in development, thus everything in it is subject to change.
It is also full of minor bugs, such as the one you encountered.
I personally am thankful it is open to the public rather then developed behind closed forums...
In order to help fix this particular bug*, because ti is on a low priority fix, you are more then welcome to help by providing just a list of what lord should hold what castle.

*its not really a bug, just an aftermath of it being under development. Subversion is playable, just not done.

i really don't get it. Why people like crusaders? And play as crusaders. And in all movie about crusaders they are good guys... wtf?

JuicyDeath said:
i really don't get it. Why people like crusaders? And play as crusaders. And in all movie about crusaders they are good guys... wtf?
In Kingdom of Heaven the main 'bad guys' are crusaders and Saladin is show to be something of a 'good guy' - gracious in victory etc

SulleDrake said:
Well, if its not possible to have some Lords always owning one fief while the rest are random- I suggest you remove titles that aren't true (if you get what I mean).

That isn't histrically accurate either, because the title and fiefs were part of their names. We can't have too many settlements, or the engine will blow up. The campaign was already stuttering in some of the pre versions. Either way has its flaws and I prefer accurate names.
It would indeed be great if someone could add the current fiefs of a lord to his name, but I have never heard anyone code that.

rkid3 said:
In Kingdom of Heaven the main 'bad guys' are crusaders and Saladin is show to be something of a 'good guy' - gracious in victory etc

pfft!

Thats the best Sci-Fi movie i had ever seen...

The whole "but they were actually friends" angle is total bull...

Ogaburan said:
rkid3 said:

pfft!

Thats the best Sci-Fi movie i had ever seen...

The whole "but they were actually friends" angle is total bull...

not friends...they had respect of each other. you can respect a good foe more than a bad friend. and that respect was noted by chroniclers of that time.

Things were thus arranged in a moment of necessity. The King, whose goodness always imitated higher things and who, as the difficulties were greater, now emulated God himself, sent legates to Saladin. The legates informed Saladin in the hearing of many of his satraps, that Richard had in fact sought this truce for a three year period so that he could go back to visit his country and so that, when he had augmented his money and his men, he could return and wrest the whole territory of Jerusalem from Saladin's grasp if, indeed, Saladin were even to consider putting up resistance. To this Saladin replied through the appointed messengers that, with his holy law and God almighty as his witnesses, he thought King Richard so pleasant, upright, magnanimous, and excellent that, if the land were to be lost in his time, he would rather have it taken into Richard's mighty power than to have it go into the hands of any other prince whom be had ever seen.
Itinerarium Peregrinorum et Gesta Regis Ricardi (12th century ad), ed. William Stubbs, Rolls Series, (London: Longmans, 1864) VI, 27-28 (pp. 427-30), translated by James Brundage, The Crusades: A Documentary History, (Milwaukee, WI: Marquette University Press, 1962), 185-86

UghUghUgh said:
It would indeed be great if someone could add the current fiefs of a lord to his name, but I have never heard anyone code that.

I can assign fiefs to lords with no problem. But I need someone to compile a proper list, or I won't be doing it anytime soon.

Well, this might not be an exhaustive list, but here are some examples :
locationlocationlocatio.jpg

INFO : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brittany

Some towns are misplaced :
strasbourg.jpg

INFO : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stra%C3%9Fburg

Also, some Towns/Castles have weird village associations :
spatiotemporalanomaly.jpg

Funny fact : Upon ranking up to Miles, I've been given this... unusual... armor. I mean... Really ? REALLY ?!
notsotough.jpg

YARRRR FEAR ME WRATH

Thanks, Whatever, but in a list I need an actual list, not screenshots. Something like this:
"King Tomas", should have: London, York
"Serf Bob", should have: Kiev.
And should include all the lords of the factions, not only a few you know about. Those who's exact fief is unknown should have one assigned as well. Every lord must have a fief. Likewise, no fief should be left unassigned to a lord. Partial, unconcrete lists, not exact lists is just a waste of effort both your and mine.

And Straßburg is in the right positoin(more or less): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stra%C3%9Fburg,_Austria

Oh, my bad. Entering Straßburg in Wikipedia's quick search returned only the French one.

Regarding a complete list, errrr... I'll see what I can do.

Just to make sure, concerning the list. Are the lords you've placed so far historically accurate? Or are some of them made up to fill up the needed space?

I wasn't talking about changing a lords name manually, but a script that changes a lord's name whenever he gains or looses a fief, thus making his name dynamic.

Here is how it goes: [faction specific title] [name] [faction specific title] of [fiefs held ingame]
                                  lord/boyar/...      smartass            lord...        of    Köln, Neuss and Bonn
The last bit, fiefs held ingame, should change, i.e. when a lord is awarded a fief or looses one to the enemy.

Back
Top Bottom