Could someone please torrent the latest version of this mod?

Users who are viewing this thread

Kas

Recruit
For whatever reason, I can't download anything from the mods database. The rapidshare alternative won't allow me to download more than one part (out of four) without signing up and paying for their crappy service or fiddling with my IP to get a new one to fool the site.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I really don't understand why someone would upload to such an irritating site and not torrent the file in the first place. This is precisely what torrents should be used for--not piracy, but sharing legitimately free stuff!

C'mon people. . .  spread the love! I'd really love to try this mod. And I refuse to pay that horrible crapidshare site a penny. If someone can upload to thepiratebay.org or a similar site and seed it to me, I'll seed it for at least several weeks, if not months to come. Or until the next version is out.

These files ought to be torrented as a general policy, anyway. It's the easiest, fastest way to share anything, without any of the BS and hassle associated with other apps and sites. And it wouldn't put such an unnecessary strain on Taleworlds.

Kas said:
For whatever reason, I can't download anything from the mods database. The rapidshare alternative won't allow me to download more than one part (out of four) without signing up and paying for their crappy service or fiddling with my IP to get a new one to fool the site.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but I really don't understand why someone would upload to such an irritating site and not torrent the file in the first place. This is precisely what torrents should be used for--not piracy, but sharing legitimately free stuff!

C'mon people. . .  spread the love! I'd really love to try this mod. And I refuse to pay that horrible crapidshare site a penny. If someone can upload to thepiratebay.org or a similar site and seed it to me, I'll seed it for at least several weeks, if not months to come. Or until the next version is out.

These files ought to be torrented as a general policy, anyway. It's the easiest, fastest way to share anything, without any of the BS and hassle associated with other apps and sites. And it wouldn't put such an unnecessary strain on Taleworlds.

GASP you claim the taleworlds download isn't working! In what way is there an error? Does your computer not allow pop-ups and why can you not just download it the rapidshare way with a few hours in between each part, even if taleworlds isn't working for you rapidshare you say does but it will not allow you to download all 4 at once just wait a few hours in between it's no big deal, and if I could I'd make the torrent for you but if know one does just use the rapidshare or figure out why the taleworlds download isn't working.

I have no idea why I can't DL from the mods database. It always worked before. Now it just says "Page not found." Like the pages don't exist--dead links. I don't use any security that would interfere with this kind of thing and neither am I infected with any internet STDs.

Yes, I can wait for the lame rapidshare site. And probably will have to do so. But torrenting is just a better idea. Like buying an airline ticket to fly overseas instead of swimming.

We have the technology! Lol. . .

or.... OP has a hacked version of the game, and the last patch works with his version?

or i could just be trolling...

The mount and blade repository has always worked for me. It should work for you too, if not try a different browser (im using firefox) and/or make sure you allow popups at the repository site and check all firewalls, etc.

Thanks for the advice, guys, but (naturally) I tried all of the above and then some before posting. I've come to realise the problem is network-related. The download site is blocked on my wireless network (among many others) and the admin is out of town, so the problem won't be resolved any time soon.

In any case, I got the mod from rapidshare and I'm loving it. I'd still appreciate it very much if someone could torrent the music files, though, or send them to me another way. I'll look into setting up a torrent for the mod tonight, though I'll warn you guys in advance, I'm on wireless and my upload speeds are unpredictable.

Thanks to the modders for this brilliant mod! :grin:

Back
Top Bottom