In Progress Could not connect to server (PC Steam)

Users who are viewing this thread

Version number
Branch
Main
Modded/unmodded
Unmodded

Wookiedoo

Recruit
Summary: Could not connect to server (PC Steam)
How to Reproduce:Click "login" once the game is loaded.

Computer Specs:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti
GPU Driver Version: 473.81
CPU: Intel Core i7-4770K
RAM: 16.0 GB
Motherboard: MSI Z87-G45 GAMING MS-7821
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

Region : East NA

I have a weird issue since release day, i played for 2weeks straight before that without problems. I can't connect to MP at all, even on native. I click login once the game is loaded and it seems to refuse me immediatly. I tried everything suggested, Beta : none, verified files, i never installed any mods but cRPG, i did a clean install and still can't connect to mp. so i took the fresh log and the issue seems to be this :

[09:51:06.070] [][] New MBGameClient State: Working old state:Idle
[09:51:06.246] Http Post Request to h t t p ://service//bannerlord.lobby/:80/Data/ProcessMessage
[09:51:09.633] Http Post Request with message failed. Exception status: NameResolutionFailure
[09:51:09.633] Exception 0: The remote name could not be resolved: 'service' |||

I have bought the game on PS4 and played in multiplayer on release day, i think my issues on PC started to happen after that. Could it be an issue with playing on both PS4 and PC ? I just tried moments ago and i can log on my PS4 just fine and access the multiple games while the issue persist on my steam account.

Last edited:
yea same issue, could they be giving consoles only access mainly? as i too just got the game played a bunch of sessions, then new update cant get in on steam. its frustrating only got it to play with my friends.

yea same issue, could they be giving consoles only access mainly? as i too just got the game played a bunch of sessions, then new update cant get in on steam. its frustrating only got it to play with my friends.

Same here aha, i bought a PS4 copy mainly to play with my friends who don't have a PC and used to play M&B back then. I guess it must be a bug ; the game isn't cross-progression and it isn't cross-platform either ; something must be happening on their side that prevents our PC profile to be validated ever since we created our PS4 profile. That's my best bet so far because i tried everything on my end and all my other game works, + my PS4 is able to connect so i know that my network isn't blocked fully.

I dont have console and have the exact same problem, I also have win 7. Win 7 worked at the beginning, then around 1.9? Bannerlord wouldnt load, so I used the procmon entry fix and it worked. Then crpg came out, and I have been grinding it for weeks. Havent been able to access the lobby since the official release, could not connect everytime. Reinstalled, verified, moved files around, reinstalled verify again etc etc. Cannot access Native lobby using battle eye, cannot access lobby with crpg mod loaded.

The offiical release has changed something, it is not on our ends, for instance I no longer need to run procmon for SP to work ( used to get black screen and freeze on char creation )

same issue here, i can log in, get greeted by please wait for like 5 minutes then i get logged out and cant get back in

same issue here, i can log in, get greeted by please wait for like 5 minutes then i get logged out and cant get back in
Same here, https://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php?threads/please-wait-disconnected-from-the-lobby.454946/

Though I doubt it will be solved within reasonable time. I mean multiplayer before and after release is the same absolute f***up-fest or sh**show, choose description you prefer.

Yes, I'm sour about it. Bought this game solely for MP, waited and rooted for it since first M&B and what did I get. Connectivity issues, forsaken multiplayer mode and now I can't even participate in MP events or play cRPG mod cause it won't let me past login stage.

Last edited:
Try this workaround. Launch the game and join a server with VPN on (for example, Austria region), once you are on server, select class and once you are spawned, turn off the VPN. It should allow you to remain on server and lower your ping once VPN is off.
Mine allows me to do that but I'm not sure if it will work for everyone.

Why should we have to download a vpn just to get a game that already used to work, working again? The whole point of betas is too fix the bugs and problems BEFORE release, I have never seen or heard of a game where the full official release caused the game to stop working, this is ridiculous, and the lack of feedback, Ive been logging on everyday for a week straight looking for responses to this, what happened to Taleworlds?

Why should we have to download a vpn just to get a game that already used to work, working again? The whole point of betas is too fix the bugs and problems BEFORE release, I have never seen or heard of a game where the full official release caused the game to stop working, this is ridiculous, and the lack of feedback, Ive been logging on everyday for a week straight looking for responses to this, what happened to Taleworlds?
I think their problems is different than yours and mine Plumbo. Unless his workaround fixed it for you, this thread is about not being able to connect at all to the lobby.

Their problem is related to being disconnected once loged in ; different than our NameResolutionFailure problem.

( Don't hijack threads guys please. ;p )

Two of my friends bought Bannerlord so what we can all play MP.

Neither of them can even log in, much less play, MP. They are having the exact same login issue, I believe. They are simply refused from logging in.

Hey, our team is looking into this is issue and trying to fix it as soon as possible. Thank you for reporting it in and sorry for the inconvenience.

The issue is fixed for me since last patch. I can log in correctly into multiplayer and i can also play mods. thanks

Back
Top Bottom